It’s time to launch your product. But where? Choosing the right platform to make your product’s first public appearance is critical. Sure, there are many options from going it alone to other launch events. But one stands out.
DEMO sets itself apart from all other launch options. DEMO’s track record of successes, turnkey services and exposure for your company and product to the entire tech ecosystem of VCs, investors, IT buyers and the global IT press, make DEMO your best option.
Need proof? Here are the Top 10 reasons to launch at DEMO:
1) DEMO Alumni funding successes:
- 22% of past demonstrators received funding within 60 days as a direct result of a DEMO launch.
- 92% who secured funding did so within 9 months of DEMO.
- 62% received over $1 million in funding, mostly from venture and angel.
Source: DEMO 2010 Demonstrator Survey
2) DEMO launch companies have raised over $4.5 billion within the past five years following their debut at DEMO.
3) Over 50 DEMO alumni launch companies have been acquired by tech giants including Adobe, Cisco, Google, Microsoft, Motorola, Nokia, Symantec, Viacom and Yahoo!.
4) Major players have debuted at DEMO. Adobe Acrobat, Netscape Navigator,
Java, Palm, Microsoft LiveMeeting; Tivo, VMWare, iRobot, Leapfrog, Garageband.com; Webex, ETrade, Boingo Wireless, Salesforce.com, Skype for the mobile handset. And that’s just a start to the list.
5) Opportunity to win DEMO People’s Choice $1M Advertising Campaign!
A robust advertising campaign, devoted to sharing your message and launch video with over 270 million IT buyers worldwide through the powerful brands under the IDG umbrella, including CIO magazine, CSO magazine, Computerworld, GamePro, InfoWorld, Macworld, Network World and PC World.
Apply to Launch Deadline: February 1
6) A portfolio of turnkey, personalized services to prepare you for the best launch experience:
- PR support and communications training with a national public relations agency
- Demonstrator presentation review with a professional coach
- Script review by DEMO’s executive producer
- Social Media package for maximum launch exposure
- Technical rehearsal with the DEMO production team
- On-site demonstration coach
- Post-event promotion of launch video across IDG Global Website Network
7) Get even more visibility on VentureBeat and the DEMOBeat Channel. As an added bonus to your launch at DEMO Fall, your company and product will receive extended widespread coverage on VentureBeat and the DEMOBeat Channel.
8) 92% of recent DEMO demonstrators said that DEMO’s press coverage was “excellent”. The global IT Press will be at DEMO Spring 2011. Think of what you would have to spend to get that kind of press coverage on your own.
9) As a DEMO Alumni you can attend the DEMO Innovation Tour throughout the year, across the country, around the world. An exceptional opportunity for you to network with the local VC’s, entrepreneurs and DEMO alumni at one of the DEMO evening reception gatherings.
10) DEMO’s long and impressive track record. Over its 20-year history, DEMO has earned a reputation for being the “Launchpad for Emerging Technology and Trends” by identifying new innovations that are most likely to disrupt the markets they serve and/or change the way we use technology.
Apply to Launch Deadline: February 1
Still not convinced? Read what recent DEMO alumni have to say:
• “DEMO was a transformational experience for our company. After winning the DEMOgod award, we received tremendous business traction, and the caliber of individuals who interfaced with us at DEMO was phenomenal. Having been to many conferences, we can truly say that the networking with decision makers at DEMO is in a league of its own.” – Guy Benartzi, CEO, Particle Code
• “DEMO is a great forcing function, it takes a lot to be ready but if you are ready the press and investor interaction is priceless. As a result of DEMO we had half a dozen meetings with tier one VC firms the following week.” - Glenn Edens, CEO, Range Networks
• “DEMO enabled Parallels to personally engage with many high-caliber press and industry influentials to help generate unprecedented buzz, coverage and demand.” - John Uppendahl, Senior Director of Global Communications, Parallels
• “DEMO is worth every penny. If you are going to launch a product and want to launch it right, go to DEMO.” – Mary Modney, Public Relations, GreenNurture
• “I can’t imagine a more important activity for our company than launching at DEMO.” – Frank Paterra, COO, EVP Sales/BD, DigitalScirocco
Our upcoming GrowthBeat event — August 5-6 in San Francisco — is exploring the data, apps, and science of successful marketing. Get the scoop here, and grab your tickets before they're gone!