We just updated Bitmob with a few tweaks and fixes:
- You can edit your own comments again. Sorry we dropped this function by accident with our last update!
- When you put a URL in the comments, it should consistently hyperlink now for easy clickin'.
- You can reply to all comments now, even though replies will only go one level deep. So if you reply to a reply, it will just appear at the bottom of that mini-thread.
If this is all working correctly, you should get an email notification (unless you opt out via Account Settings under your Profile tab) when:
- Someone comments on a story that you wrote.
- Someone replies to your comment.
- Someone adds another reply to a comment you've already replied to (sort of like Facebook's commenting system).
- You "subscribe to this comment thread" (by clicking the link at the bottom of the comments, below the "write comment" box).
- Before, if any writers used a headline that started or ended with quotation marks, our system would delete those for some unknown reason. This is fixed now.
- A very tiny handful of profile pages were broken, and their users couldn't access them. This is fixed now.
- Other miscellaneous bug fixes and minor tweaks that will make our lives easier while working on this site.
Note: Embedding video is a little wonky right now, and we're not sure why. We're working on this! In the meantime, if you try embedding a video and it doesn't work, but we're editing the article for you to put on the front page, we'll fix this in the backend. That's what she…never mind.
Also: Reminder about stuff!