Missed out on our last Bitmob Wants You writing prompt? Good news — we've got another one for you! And this one's a doozy — we want you to tackle the saga of Marcus Fenix by writing about Gears of War 3.
The usual rules apply: You're welcome to write up a simple review if you like, but we'd love to see you tap into that famous Bitmob creativity, too. It doesn't have to be long or fancy…anything that tells us how you feel about the game is fine by us.
If you do need a few ideas, feel free to use any of these:
- Gears of War is unique amongst big-name shooters because of its cover mechanics and third-person perspective. What can other games learn from this?
- Developer Epic Games brought author Karen Traviss on board to write Gears of War 3's story. How does the narrative stack up against other titles in the series?
- The chainsaw/rifle Lancer is an iconic part of Gears of War's fame. What other games have similarly recognizable weapons, and how do they compare?
Ready to write? Here's how to participate:
1. Write any article related to Gears of War 3. A few hundred words will suffice, although you can go longer if you'd like.
2. Make sure you put Gears of War 3 in the tags for your article — and don't forget to tag any other games you mention.
3. Submit your articles to the Mobfeed by Tuesday, September 27. We'll publish the collected works the following day.
Got it? Good. Then it's time to write…write until you win. Or you die. And you're not dead yet.