Microsoft has expanded Xbox Live to enable new entertainment options such as YouTube and Verizon’s FiOS TV, but the bread and butter of the Xbox 360 remains games. This week will see a slew of attention-grabbing new content on Xbox Live for some of the year’s biggest titles. Battlefield 3 finally gets its Back to Karkand expansion, available for $15, or free to those who purchased the Battlefield 3 Limited Edition retail package. Gears of War 3 kicks off its 12 Days of Gearsmas celebration with the RAAM’s Shadow campaign. You can read my review here. I didn’t like it. And Assassin’s Creed Revelations receives the first of several content bundles with the Ancestors Character Pack, which adds a few new faces to the multiplayer.
On the Xbox Live Arcade side, Sonic CD and the highly-regarded PlayStation 3 fan favorite, Joe Danger, both see special editions released today. The complete listing and prices are below:
Xbox Live Arcade Games
- Joe Danger Special Edition- 1200 MSP*
- Sonic CD – 400 MSP
- Assassin’s Creed Revelations Ancestors Character Pack – 320 MSP
- Battlefield 3: Back to Karkand – 1200 MSP
- Duke Nukem Forever The Doctor Who Cloned Me – 800 MSP
- Fruit Ninja Kinect – Holiday Pack – Free
- Gears of War 3 RAAM’s Shadow Expansion – 1200 MSP
- Magic the Gathering 2012: Deck Expansion Pack 2 – 240 MSP
- Orcs Must Die! Lost Adventures – 320 MSP
- Pinball FX 2 – Marvel Vengeance and Virtue Table Pack – 800 MSP
- Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 Bundle #1 – 560 MSP
- Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 DLC 1: Back in Shape: Lose It – 400 MSP
- Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 DLC 2: Jump Rope: Survival Mode – 320 MSP
Deal of the Week: Japan’s Finest (Dec 13–19)
- Bangai-O – 400 MSP (50% off)
- Guwange – 400 MSP (50% off)
- Hard Corps Uprising – 600 MSP (50% off)
- Radiant Silvergun – 600 MSP (50% off)
*MSP = Microsoft Points. 80 MSP equates to one US dollar.
GamesBeat 2014 — VentureBeat’s sixth annual event on disruption in the video game market — is coming up on Sept 15-16 in San Francisco. Purchase your ticket now to save $200!