This article is a reminder of the upcoming event.
Fight for the Future! is a charity gaming event where 100% of donations go to Child's Play, an organization dedicated to improving the lives of children in hospitals. Join my friends and me as we participate in a 24-hour tournament that spans 24 different fighting games.
See below for more details (including how you can join in the fun), and check page two for all the titles we'll be playing.
Date of the event
The live stream will begin on Sunday, January 1 at 1 p.m. PST. You can stop by the channel during the event to chat with us or request an online battle with one of our fighters. Also, visit the Facebook page for updates until the big day arrives!
Rules for the tournament
Participants will play each game for an hour, after which a judge will declare a winner for that title. The grand champion will be the person with the most overall victories.
Make sure to check page two to see all the games we'll be playing!
How to donate
If you would like to donate, simply hit the "ChipIn" button with your credit card on hand.
1. Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition
2. Street Fighter 3: 3rd Strike Online Edition
3. Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix
4. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
5. Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes
6. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
7. Capcom vs. SNK 2: Mark of the Millennium 2001
8. Project Justice
9. Darkstalkers Collection (Vampire Savior 2 – The Lord of Vampire)
10. Power Stone 2
11. The King of Fighters 13
12. The King of Fighters ’98: Ultimate Match
13. Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol. 2 (Real Bout Fata Fury 2: The Newcomers)
14. Samurai Shodown Anthology/Art of Fighting Anthology (Samurai Shodown 6/Art of Fighting 3: The Path of the Warrior)
15. NeoGeo Battle Coliseum
16. Tekken 6
17. Soul Calibur 4
18. Virtua Fighter 5
19. Dead or Alive 4
20. Mortal Kombat (2011)
21. Arcana Heart 3
22. BlazBlue: Continuum Shift
23. Super Smash Bros. Brawl
24. Super Smash Bros. Melee
GamesBeat 2014 — VentureBeat’s sixth annual event on disruption in the video game market — is coming up on Sept 15-16 in San Francisco. Purchase one of the first 50 tickets and save $400!