And it's a doozy. Even during the holiday season, our noble community members stayed on their A-game. This month's list features everything I love about Bitmob: humor, news reporting, critical analysis, personal anecdotes, and more. One article even made the Big 10 without a front-page promotion. And three others probably would have topped the list in a less competitive month.
My point is: you guys rock. Thanks, congrats, and enjoy!
Here are the most-read community stories for December 2011:
10. Getting started with strategy-RPGs by Patrick Molloy
9. 3 surprisingly good 3DS games from 2011 by Tristan Damen
8. Why Skyward Sword is the new Zelda standard by Matt Wetsel
7. Embrace the dank: Skyrim does dungeons right by Curtis Montgomery
6. How the VGAs spoil gaming's image by Sean Bassinger
5. The Wii U is not a console: It's a challenge by Kris Pigna
4. How Gears of War saved my life by Tristan Damen
3. Skyrim isn't (that) broken by Mike Barrett
2. Dragonborn no more: How immersion in Skyrim fails by Steven Sukkau
1. 5 video-game terrors you should be very afraid of by Chris Skinner
Do you want to be on next month's list? Here are some tips:
Catchy headlines: A great one goes a long way — you'd be amazed at how much this matters. If it doesn't draw people's attention, it doesn't matter how good your article is. You can easily double or triple your hits with a catchy and interesting headline.
Format your articles: Short, concise paragraphs and pictures go a long way. Check out our writing tips column, too.
Encourage comments: Ask your readers to share their opinions.
Promote your work: Share your links via Twitter, Facebook, message boards, N4G, Reddit, Raptr, and StumbleUpon.