Hot on the heels of the first set of new maps and downloadable content schedule, Activision has updated Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 with the eighth title update. TU8 makes a number of fixes and improvements to the game, including a major speed increase for users uploading their recorded videos to YouTube.
The update is already live on Xbox Live and is in certification for the PlayStation 3, meaning it should be live across all platforms very soon.
Activision has also revealed some future fixes currently in the works, as well as a history of all title updates and patches for Modern Warfare 3 to date. See below.
Title Update 8:
- Networking enhancements
- Theater improvements and fixes
- Further improvements to “Host Disadvantage”
- “Lag Comp”
- Increased speed of YouTube uploads from 32k to 256k
- Nerf to all Akimbo weapons (reduced fire rate)
- Shotgun re-balance (Slight nerf to Striker, slight buff to all other shotguns)
- Fix that prevents some users from not receiving their prestige token after prestiging
- Fix stat bug that retains “games played” stat across prestiges
Hot Fix Updates (Released):
- No Recoil glitch
- Infinite Laptop killstreak glitch (Stealth Bomber Glitch)
- Map Exploits (Getting into trucks, under maps) Fix
- Prevent Slow-mo and Super Fast lobbies
- Fire rate normalization for Assault Rifles with undermounts
- FMG9 Re-balancing (Nerf)
- Akimbo FMG9 Re-balancing (Nerf)
- Type95 Re-balancing (Nerf) – Reduce hipspread.
- Fix for ACR with Red Dot / Shotgun
- Fix Type 95 bug related to dropping it.
- Fix map exploits on Dome
- PS3 Hitmarker Sound
- Adjust direct impact damage a Semtex does to a Juggernaut (No longer 1 hit kill)
- Improvements to “weighted matchmaking” to improve games for regions with low populations.
- Improvements to the Spawn Logic and Spawn System.
- Fix for the any Proficiency on any gun exploit.
Re-balancing and Updates currently in Development and/or Discussion:
- Further improvements to the Spawn system
- Improvement to PS3 Mic Quality.
- HD Video Uploads on PS3
- Default :30 Round Start timer for System Link only, while looking into adjustable timer for System Link games for Competitive Play.
- Options to allow System Link players to ‘unlock all’ for competitive play in System Link only.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Update History (All Platforms included)
TU1: Enabled Theater, Vault, Private Match options, Elite and Facebook functionality for Launch Day.
TU2: Fix for YouTube video upload on SD TVs. Matchmaking Improvements.
TU3: Theater Improvements (Fix to FF and RW in Theater), LAG improvements, Improvements to Hot Fix system.
TU4: Change to address hitching and lag in gameplay.
TU5: Further improvements for hitching and addressing lag in gameplay.
TU6: Additional improvements to address lag. Fix for Melee Jump. Clan Tag Validation (remove buttons from clan tags). Improve Host Migration logic. Prevent stat loss when player loses connection from server (internet pull / drop).
TU7: Improvement to address “Host Disadvantage” / “Lag Compensation” that caused hosts with good connections to be hindered. Plus ability to hot fix additional tweaks based on user feedback to this change.
Mobile developer or publisher? VentureBeat is studying mobile marketing automation.
Fill out our 5-minute survey
, and we'll share the data with you.