Are you ready to weave your own fate? Good…because Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning, the new action-RPG from EA and 38 Studios, hit store shelves yesterday, and we want you to write about it as part of our latest Bitmob Wants You prompt.
But that's not all! Our previous challenge — to write about Final Fantasy 13-2 — is still in effect. So if you prefer your heroes with meticulously coiffed hairstyles instead of hulking suits of armor, we've got you covered.
In fact, you could even compare the two if you want. Reckoning is a very Western RPG, designed by former Oblivion mastermind Ken Rolston (with influence from former baseball pitcher Curt Schilling). Final Fantasy is as Japanese as it gets. Analyzing both would make for a great article.
Here's a few more Reckoning-specific ideas if you're stumped:
- Your character in Reckoning is the only person with the ability to create his own fate in the world of Amalur. How does that affect the way you feel as the one controlling the character?
- Reckoning is a brand-new franchise. How does that change your connection with the game? Should developers take more chances on new intellectual properties?
- Veteran fantasy author R.A. Salvatore wrote Reckoning's story. Is it a good one? Should more professional authors get into the business of writing for games?
All set? Here's how to participate:
1. Write any article related to Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. A few hundred words will suffice, although you can go longer if you'd like.
2. Make sure you put the full title — Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning — in the tags for your article. And don't forget to tag any other games you mention.
3. Submit your articles by Tuesday, February 21. Reckoning's got a lot of content in it, so you don't necessarily have to finish the game before writing, but we want to showcase your work while it's relevant.
That's it, Fateless One. Time to head out and write your own destiny.