Gaming is in its golden age, and big and small players alike are maneuvering like kings and queens in A Game of Thrones. Register now for our GamesBeat 2015
event, Oct. 12-Oct.13, where we'll explore strategies in the new world of gaming.
Amazon’s weekly sales data is in, and it included some definite surprises this time around. The following charts are for the top 10 best-selling titles across all platforms.
1. Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 (Xbox 360 Kinect)
2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3)
4. Just Dance 3 (Wii)
5. Zumba Fitness (Wii)
6. Uncharted: Golden Abyss (PS Vita)
7. Kinect Sports (Xbox 360 Kinect)
8. Twisted Metal (PS3)
9. Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure: Boomer (3DS, Wii, PS3, Xbox 360)
10. Zumba Fitness 2 (Wii)
No Final Fantasy XIII-2? No Darkness II? That’s a bit depressing, especially when half of the Top 10 are low-budget workout games for the Wii. It’s also interesting to see November’s Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012, a Kinect-only title, outselling Modern Warfare 3. Your Shape is an excellent game, and I was supposed to review it last year, but instead I just shamed myself by finding out how desperately out of shape I was.
1. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (3DS)
2. New Love Plus – Normal Edition (3DS)
3. Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
4. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
5. Gravity Daze: Gravitational Dizziness (PS Vita)
6. Monster Hunter 3G (3DS)
7. Resident Evil Revelations (3DS)
8. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3)
9. Just Dance Wii (Wii)
10. ToHeart2 DX PLUS – Limited Edition (PS3)
Okay, this makes a little more sense. Only one Just Dance title, some Mario, a couple of Final Fantasy titles, Resident Evil, and the excellent-looking Gravity Daze for the PlayStation Vita. We poor Americans will have to wait a few months to take that one for a spin (put that joke in your pocket and save it for later).
Via Videogamesblogger, who also points out that Final Fantasy X still appears on the PlayStation 2 chart, where it has remained for the past decade.