Amazon’s weekly sales data is in, and it included some definite surprises this time around. The following charts are for the top 10 best-selling titles across all platforms.
1. Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012 (Xbox 360 Kinect)
2. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (Xbox 360)
3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (PS3)
4. Just Dance 3 (Wii)
5. Zumba Fitness (Wii)
6. Uncharted: Golden Abyss (PS Vita)
7. Kinect Sports (Xbox 360 Kinect)
8. Twisted Metal (PS3)
9. Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure: Boomer (3DS, Wii, PS3, Xbox 360)
10. Zumba Fitness 2 (Wii)
No Final Fantasy XIII-2? No Darkness II? That’s a bit depressing, especially when half of the Top 10 are low-budget workout games for the Wii. It’s also interesting to see November’s Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012, a Kinect-only title, outselling Modern Warfare 3. Your Shape is an excellent game, and I was supposed to review it last year, but instead I just shamed myself by finding out how desperately out of shape I was.
1. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (3DS)
2. New Love Plus – Normal Edition (3DS)
3. Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
4. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
5. Gravity Daze: Gravitational Dizziness (PS Vita)
6. Monster Hunter 3G (3DS)
7. Resident Evil Revelations (3DS)
8. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3)
9. Just Dance Wii (Wii)
10. ToHeart2 DX PLUS – Limited Edition (PS3)
Okay, this makes a little more sense. Only one Just Dance title, some Mario, a couple of Final Fantasy titles, Resident Evil, and the excellent-looking Gravity Daze for the PlayStation Vita. We poor Americans will have to wait a few months to take that one for a spin (put that joke in your pocket and save it for later).
Via Videogamesblogger, who also points out that Final Fantasy X still appears on the PlayStation 2 chart, where it has remained for the past decade.