Holy shit! I actually have something good to write about Mass Effect 3. BioWare has announced the Resurgence Pack, which adds new multiplayer characters, stages, and weapons:
Two New Maps:
A warzone outpost located on one of Palaven’s moons.
An old abandoned quarian colony which has since been converted into a critical power facility.
Six New Characters:
- Asari Justicar Adept
- Krogan Battlemaster Vanguard
- Batarian Soldier
- Batarian Sentinel
- Geth Engineer
- Geth Infiltrator
Three New Weapons:
- Striker Assault Rifle
- Kishock Harpoon Gun
- Geth Plasma SMG
- Strength Enhancer – Applies a melee damage boost for one mission
- Targeting VI – Applies a headshot damage bonus for one mission
- Stabilization Module – Stabilizes weapons while firing and moving for one mission
- Shield Power Cells – Shortens the length of time shields take to begin recharging for one mission
That’s a pretty substantial collection of new goodies to infuse some much needed variety into Mass Effect 3′s Horde Mode. Fans probably noticed that there was always an empty slot on the character select screen, so this shouldn’t be too much of a surprise, but the fact that the unlockable races include the Batarian and the Geth definitely sweetens the pot. The Resurgence Pack will be provided to all players for free on April 10.
BioWare and publisher Electronic Arts have been working hard to distract Mass Effect 3 players from the ongoing ending drama with weekly multiplayer promotions. This weekend’s promotion is Operation: Beachhead, offering up a 25 percent XP boost for all missions. Beachhead runs now through Tuesday at 5am PST.
Middle image via Reddit