It's the first of the month, and that means it's time for another installment of Bitmob's Big 10, our monthly roundup of the hottest articles written by you, the Bitmob community. This month's list covers a wide variety of topics, including incisive commentary, interesting research, and more gaming goodness than you can shake a (joy)stick at. Congrats to everyone!
Here are the most-read community stories for April 2012:
10. How Montreal became a game-development hotspot by Joshua Dennison
9. The voices of Mass Effect 3 by David Logghe
8. Gamer entitlement is becoming a problem by Justin Davis
7. Infographic: Metal Gear Solid's cut-scenes by the numbers by Kyle Vanhove
6. Pokemon Black and White 2 will hurt the Nintendo 3DS by Patrick O'Rourke
5. Retake Final Fantasy 7: An outraged fan demands change by J.C. Wigriff
4. Do Japanese games still have a place in the West? by Joseph Jordan
3. I am totally OK with assholes making video games by Andrew Hiscock
2. Skyrim for the masses! by Nathan Daughtry
1. 5 free-to-play games that you should check out by Chandler Tate
Do you want to be on next month's list? Here are some tips:
Catchy headlines: A great one goes a long way — you'd be amazed at how much this matters. If it doesn't draw people's attention, it doesn't matter how good your article is. You can easily double or triple your hits with a catchy and interesting headline.
Format your articles: Short, concise paragraphs and pictures go a long way. Check out our writing tips column, too.
Encourage comments: Ask your readers to share their opinions.
Promote your work: Share your links via Twitter, Facebook, message boards, N4G, Reddit, Raptr, and StumbleUpon.
GamesBeat 2014 — VentureBeat’s sixth annual event on disruption in the video game market — is coming up on Sept 15-16 in San Francisco. Purchase one of the first 50 tickets and save $400!