Sony Online Entertainment recently revealed details for its latest downloadable content pack for DC Universe Online, called the Last Laugh. Surprisingly, actor Mark Hamill will reprise his role as the Joker after claiming he was no longer voicing Batman’s greatest nemesis. Actor Adam Baldwin will return as Superman, and actress Arleen Sorkin will voice Harley Quinn.
The upcoming DLC pack features new mechanics for safe houses, new weapons, and the first set of light-powered legendary characters. Here are more details from the official press release:
- The Shield — Players can unleash this vicious new weapon to bash their opponents, or hurl it to take them down from a distance.
- Safe House Battles — No one is safe now that heroes and villains can invade each other’s Safe Houses in these four-on-four battles:
- Graviton Technology Recovery — Players will be tasked with unscrambling teleporter codes that The Joker has mixed into fragments. At the Watchtower or Hall of Doom, players must retrieve eight code fragments to successfully rebuild useable teleporter codes.
- The Rescue — Heroes must rescue hostages, while Villains will be freeing arrested criminals from opposing Safe Houses.
- Bomb Disposal — Thanks to The Joker, the encryption on the email terminals has changed and can only be bypassed by the robot The Joker provided. Players must gain control of the robot and either upload the data to their HQ or add new encryption to keep their enemies and The Joker away from it.
- Headquarter Battles — In this two-part crusade, 16 players — eight Heroes and eight Villains — will face off for the ultimate player reward. At the request of Superman, heroes must take over the Hall of Doom, while Villains, egged on by The Joker, will breach the Watchtower in order to create chaos.
- Legends Characters – Combat illuminates with the introduction of the first light-powered Legends for multiplayer combat. Players will soon have access to Kilowog, a Green Lantern, and Amon Sur, a member of the Sinestro Corps.
The curious thing about this announcement is definitely Hamill’s involvement. Last October, Hamill tweeted that he was no longer voicing the Joker:
Almost a year earlier, Hamill told Screen Rant that the Batman: Arkham City game would be his last project as the Joker.
I’m beginning to think Mark Hamill will voice the Clown Prince of Crime until he dies. Hamill, that is. We all know the Joker is just like Resident Evil baddie Albert Wesker — he’ll always be back.
Marketing technologist? We're studying the big marketing clouds
Fill out our 5-minute survey
, and we'll share the data with you.