At this morning’s Zynga Unleashed event, Zynga CEO Mark Pincus announced that over the last couple of years, social gaming — and his company in particular — has grown tremendously. And he has the stats to back it up. According to Pincus, users:
- Have spent 1.8 trillion minutes in Zynga’s games over the last three years. That breaks down to 3 billion hours of game time.
- Have made 6 billion neighbor connections.
- Deliver 730 million clicks per day to the Zynga Message Center.
- Create 1 million activities per second across all of Zynga’s games
- Send 1 million messages to each other (per minute)
- Play 140,000 turns with each other (per minute)
- Draw 43,000 pictures in Draw Something (per minute)
- Play 64,000 words in Words With Friends (per minute)
- Send 250,000 gifts to their friends (per minute)
- Play 38,000 hands of poker in Zynga Poker (per minute)
The number of people playing Zynga games is just as astounding:
- 290 million people are “active users” of Zynga games.
- 65 million are “daily active users.”
- More than 22 million are mobile players.
- People play Zynga games in 175 countries in territories.
The Zynga Platform allows the company to turn in some startling numbers as well, such as:
- Release about 100 updates to games per day.
- Release upward to 1,000 features per week.
- 134 experiments per day in their games (to test new ideas, bugs, etc.)
Stay tuned for more updates throughout the morning.
Don't let cyber attacks kill your game! Join GamesBeat's Dean Takahashi for a free webinar on April 18 that will explore the DDoS risks facing the game industry. Sign up here.