If you like dancing in front of your television while a creepy camera records your every movie, then mark October 16 on your calendar. That’s when developer Harmonix releases Dance Central 3, the newest entry in its music-based series for the Xbox 360’s motion-tracking Kinect device.
Dance Central 3 includes tracks from popular artists like LMFAO, the Backstreet Boys, and even Vanilla Ice! No, the game won’t be featuring his “Ninja Rap” from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2: The Secret of the Ooze (one of the greatest landmarks in cinematic history), but you should still have plenty of fun getting down to “Ice Ice Baby.” Players can learn the moves to each song through the game’s story mode, which features time travel. Hey, why not?
Harmonix originally made a name for itself creating Guitar Hero, a rhythm game made popular thanks to its bundled guitar controller. It later developed Rock Band, a series that expanded the Guitar Hero concept by adding drums and vocals. Dance Central ditches all of those peripherals for simple, controller-free bogeying.
Below are 11 songs Harmonix confirmed for the game. Yes, including “Ice Ice Baby.”
- 2NE1 – “I Am The Best (Original Version)”
- Alice Deejay – “Better Off Alone”
- Backstreet Boys – “Everybody (Backstreet’s Back)”
- J.J. Fad – “Supersonic”
- Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz ft. Ying Yang Twins – “Get Low”
- LMFAO – “Sexy And I Know It”
- Los Del Rio – “Macarena (Bayside Boys Mix)”
- Maroon 5 ft. Christina Aguilera – “Moves Like Jagger”
- Vanilla Ice – “Ice Ice Baby”
- Vicki Sue Robinson – “Turn The Beat Around”
- Village People – “Y.M.C.A.”
The October 16 release dates applies to the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. Europe, Asia, and Australia will have to wait until October 19.
Mobile developer or publisher? VentureBeat is studying mobile marketing automation.
Fill out our 5-minute survey
, and we'll share the data with you.