The recent 1.7.3 patch for the Xbox 360 edition of Minecraft not only brought new features and character skins, but also broke a few things, too. Now a patch has been issued to fix the previous patch. Those responsible have been sacked, and those responsible for sacking those who were just sacked have also been sacked. And so on….
The new update is rolling out across Xbox Live today. The full change list is below:
- Fix for a crash with pistons at the edge of the world
- Fix for a crash due to a thread safety issue usually caused by pistons
- Fix for issue with operating pistons on chunk boundaries
- Fix for a rendering flicker with active pistons
- Fix for rendering slowdown due to lighting issues
- Fix for rain going through blocks (raining indoors)
- Fix for Marketplace not launching when unlocking skin pack after selecting a locked skin in the trial version of the skin pack
- Fix for bug allowing locked skins to be selected if they are beside a free skin
- Fix for misaligned player scores when viewed under the “My Score” leaderboard filter
- Fix for the constant button press sounds when rotating a character in the skin select screen
- Fix for the constant sound effect played on the sign text entry
- Fix for thunder not being audible
- Fix for third person front view not displaying fire
Over 3M people have purchased Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition since its May release. Feel free to check out GamesBeat’s game/achievement guide if you’re one of them.
Don't let cyber attacks kill your game! Join GamesBeat's Dean Takahashi for a free webinar on April 18 that will explore the DDoS risks facing the game industry. Sign up here.