Hey-o, kiddies. Here’s the news of the week in the tl;dr format you’ve come to love and depend on:
- Biggest story, traffic-wise: A hacker is holding Mitt Romney’s tax returns hostage for (wait for it) $1 million in Bitcoins. Nice work there, Dr. Evil.
- The new Kindle family members have arrived. One’s a lot like an iPad, and the other’s a lot like a book.
- Nokia unveiled its first Windows 8 phones, and they’re impressive. But are they convincing?
- We had to write something like nine stories this week about Ubisoft this week. The crux of the matter was the company’s new attitude on DRM.
- Finally, Estonia is going to be full of really smart programmers in a few years. The country just instituted mandatory programming classes for all public school students.
Now go out there and enjoy the beautiful weekend that awaits. Or stay in and celebrate the 25th anniversary of Star Trek: The Next Generation with a marathon Blu-ray sesh of the first season. Up to you, really.