NOTE: GrowthBeat -- VentureBeat's provocative new marketing-tech event -- is next week! We've gathered the best and brightest to explore the data, apps, and science of successful marketing. Get the full scoop here, and grab your tickets while they last.
Apple has just unveiled the iPhone 5 handset at a press conference in San Francisco. But when will the device actually land in stores?
As many expected, Apple will take pre-orders online for the iPhone 5 starting Friday, September 14. The device will ship to those who pre-ordered early and land in stores on Friday, September 21.
For pricing, the iPhone 5 will start at $199 for the 16GB version on contract. The 32GB model will cost $299 and the 64GB edition will run $399 on contract. It will be available in the U.S. on AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon Wireless.
The iPhone 5 is a big upgrade over previous models and features a longer 4-inch screen and 4G LTE connectivity. Surprisingly, the device is 18 percent thinner and 20 percent light than the iPhone 4S.
More VentureBeat coverage and articles on the iPhone 5 can be read below:
• The iPhone 5: Apple’s obsessive refinement strikes again with a 4-inch screen, LTE
• The iPhone 5′s badass camera: 40% faster photo capture, panorama mode, & more
• iPhone 5 will include tiny super-fast Lightning connector
• iOS 6 coming September 19, here’s what to expect
• Apple rolling out redesigned iTunes store for desktop & iOS
iPhone 5 photo: Apple