Billboard is now accepting submissions for the Innovators Showcase competition, taking place at the upcoming FutureSound Conference on Nov. 15 – 16 in San Francisco. Interested digital music startups will have the opportunity to pitch their company or product to a panel of judges on stage during the conference, with one being named the winner at the conclusion of the event.
All applicants will enjoy various promotional and dealmaking benefits in return for their participation, ensuring their idea gets noticed by the label executives, managers, publishers, artists, developers and investors attending the FutureSound conference and beyond.
Here’s how it works:
– Fill out the application form here.
– Every company that applies will be listed in both print and online Billboard properties promoting the contest.
– A panel of judges (to be announced later) will select five finalists to present before them on stage during the event. Each finalist will also receive a free display table in the conference exhibit area and receive mention in a pre-event press release.
– Any applicant not selected as a finalist, but who registers for the conference, will have the opportunity to host a demo table in a special “Innovators Showcase” section of the exhibit area, on a first-come, first-served, rotating basis.
– The winning company will receive coverage in Billboard magazine, a one-year subscription to Billboard, and the potential for additional prizes as defined going forward.
– Eligible startups must be pre-revenue, with a working demo or prototype to present that is in some fashion directed at the music industry—be that fans, artists, or insiders. Our goal is to help tomorrow’s innovators get the attention and traction they need to succeed in this highly competitive space, while also giving our attendees a glimpse at what’s next in the ever-evolving digital music space.
Special discount for VentureBeat readers! Use promo code VENBEAT12 and get $50 off registration. Register at www.futuresoundconference.com .
Billboard’s FutureSound Conference focuses on the future of the music business, including technology, policy, investment, and more. It will feature a series of presentations from the leading thought leaders representing all sides promoting new ideas, offering solutions, and driving discussion around the topics affecting the business today.
VB's research team is studying web-personalization... Chime in here, and we’ll share the results.