Avant-garde brands using Tumblr to engage fans can now turn to Union Metrics to dive into the data behind the activities of the startup’s eclectic audience.
Today, social media analytics startup Union Metrics announced that Tumbler named it the preferred analytics provider for brands and marketers on its service.
The San Francisco-based company, which secured access to the entire fire hose of Tumblr data through Gnip, now provides invited clients with analysis and tracking tools for identifying top influencers and curators and dissecting blog posts and topics.
Specifically, Union Metrics for Tumblr supports each of the following:
- Filtering capabilities that facilitate comprehensive tracking of any blog or topic.
- Summary analytics showing overall engagement levels and trends over time.
- Identification of influential contributors and curators.
- Analysis of posts and tags to surface most popular content.
- Individual post-engagement analysis, including interactions over time, amplification trends, and a reblog tree visualization, which clearly shows how posts spread through Tumblr.
Five-year-old Tumblr is home to more than 76 million blogs and nearly 33 billion blog posts. The New York-based company, which has raised $125 million in funding to date, only recently started selling advertisements to companies with big budgets.
The Union Metrics Tumblr tool is currently available to invited parties but will be available to the public at a later date. Interested brands can put their name down on the list for consideration.
VB's working with marketing expert Scott Brinker to understand the new digital marketing organization. Help us out by answering a few questions
, and we'll help you out with the data.