Fashion Week may be over, but designers, editors, retailers, and entrepreneurs work year round to keep the style cycle going. This Thursday, Decoded Fashion London is throwing The Fashion Pitch, a fashion and retail pitch competition in which 10 startups will compete for first place.
Decoded Fashion puts on events that promote innovation and discussion in the fashion-tech space. It strives to connect leaders in the fashion industry with new technology and entrepreneurs. The startups will present to a panel of judges comprised of Facebook’s Director of Retail, Luxury & Fashion Partnerships, Tracy Yaverbaun; Index Ventures’ Venture Partner Robin Klein; Westfield Shoppingtowns’ Senior Vice President of Digital Innovation, Angel Gambino; Topshop’s Chief Marketing Officer, Justin Cooke; and Marks & Spencer’s Digital Innovation Development Manager, John Pillar. The grand prize is $65,000 from Index Ventures and UK retailer Marks and Spencer.
Today, Index Ventures announced the 10 finalists that will pitch live at the event. They are:
- 1. Birdback – Allows developers to link online apps to offline payments (UK)
- 2. Fiverun – Helps brick-and-mortar retailers enhance in-store purchase experience (USA)
- 3. Nuji – Helps you discover new stores and products using social analytics (UK)
- 4. Perch Interactive – Interactive, in-store retail display (USA)
- 5. Publishzer – Wants to be the future of online publishing (Finland)
- 6. Say Duck – App to display merchandise via augmented reality (Finland, UK)
- 7. ShopOfMe – Web app uses social analytics to suggest products (UK)
- 8. Snap Fashion – Visual search product using image recognition (UK)
- 9. triMirror – Combines 3D technology, real-time simulations, and virtual fitting (Canada)
- 10. WearPanda – Floating bamboo eyewear (USA)
VentureBeat is studying mobile marketing automation
, and we’ll share the data.