Fashion Week may be over, but designers, editors, retailers, and entrepreneurs work year round to keep the style cycle going. This Thursday, Decoded Fashion London is throwing The Fashion Pitch, a fashion and retail pitch competition in which 10 startups will compete for first place.
Decoded Fashion puts on events that promote innovation and discussion in the fashion-tech space. It strives to connect leaders in the fashion industry with new technology and entrepreneurs. The startups will present to a panel of judges comprised of Facebook’s Director of Retail, Luxury & Fashion Partnerships, Tracy Yaverbaun; Index Ventures’ Venture Partner Robin Klein; Westfield Shoppingtowns’ Senior Vice President of Digital Innovation, Angel Gambino; Topshop’s Chief Marketing Officer, Justin Cooke; and Marks & Spencer’s Digital Innovation Development Manager, John Pillar. The grand prize is $65,000 from Index Ventures and UK retailer Marks and Spencer.
Today, Index Ventures announced the 10 finalists that will pitch live at the event. They are:
- 1. Birdback - Allows developers to link online apps to offline payments (UK)
- 2. Fiverun - Helps brick-and-mortar retailers enhance in-store purchase experience (USA)
- 3. Nuji - Helps you discover new stores and products using social analytics (UK)
- 4. Perch Interactive - Interactive, in-store retail display (USA)
- 5. Publishzer - Wants to be the future of online publishing (Finland)
- 6. Say Duck – App to display merchandise via augmented reality (Finland, UK)
- 7. ShopOfMe - Web app uses social analytics to suggest products (UK)
- 8. Snap Fashion - Visual search product using image recognition (UK)
- 9. triMirror - Combines 3D technology, real-time simulations, and virtual fitting (Canada)
- 10. WearPanda - Floating bamboo eyewear (USA)
Are you making or losing money with marketing automation? VB is working with marketing expert Ian Cleary to investigate marketing automation ROI. Help us out by answering a few questions
, and we'll help you out with the data.