DeNA’s Ngmoco division said today it has signed up 10 more game developers to publish games on its Mobage global mobile social gaming network.
The 10 new independent social and mobile game developers will bring their games to the Mobage network, which helps publicize games across iOS and Android devices.
The developers include BigHut; Cobalt Play Games; GameCloud; Electrified Games; Joywinds, Inc.; Kyy Games; Massive Damage; Oh BiBi Socialtainment; Runaway Play; and XMG Studio. They bring the total number of partners for Mobage to more than 50, said Barry Dorf, the senior director of third party at Ngmoco in San Francisco, in an interview with GamesBeat. He said the company is working to offer developers both insight and monetization through its platform.
“The Mobage network provides development studios a unique opportunity to reach millions of mobile game players throughout the world,” said Dorf. “As a global mobile games platform leader, our dedication to building long-term partnerships has enabled us to work with some of the most esteemed developers worldwide to deliver engaging, top-grossing games like Rage of Bahamut. This is an exciting time for Mobage as we strive to fulfill our commitment to bringing delight, innovation, and fun to mobile gamers.”
DeNA has 43 million users and 2,000 games for Mobage in Japan, but it didn’t disclose the number for its users in the West. DeNA reported $1.8 billion in sales in its most recent fiscal year, and it has 2,000 employees. Mobage has been live for over a year on Android and seven months on iOS. Rival’s include Japan’s Gree, Zynga, and other mobile game publishers.
Here’s some details on the developers:
• BigHut: The Brazilian independent mobile game development studio makes free-to-play games such as Boney the Runner (pictured at top), where you play a skeleton on the run.
• Cobalt Play Games: A team of developers based in Asia working on iOS and Android games. They just released Monster Mall on Mobage.
• Electrified Games: An independent developer of mobile and online trading card and strategy games.
• GameCloud Studios: A developer of global social and mobile with a focus on sports simulation games.
• Joywinds: A new mobile game developer from Shanghai whose newest title is World of Wizards.
• Kyy Games: An independent game development studio located in Tampere, Finland and maker of Cabals: The Card Game.
• Massive Damage: The maker of Please Stay Calm, a location-based zombie survival game. It is working on a sequel.
• Oh BiBi Socialtainment: A French company headed by Stanislas Dewavrin, the former creative vice president at Gameloft and the Asphalt franchise creator.
• Runaway Play: Based in New Zealand, Runaway Play is currently developing a Mobage mobile version of Flutter, a butterfly simulation game that gained a loyal following on Facebook.
• XMG Studio: A Toronto developer that released 12 games to date, including Drag Racer.
GamesBeat 2014 — VentureBeat’s sixth annual event on disruption in the video game market — is coming up on Sept 15-16 in San Francisco. Purchase your ticket now to save $200!