Hold on to your wallets; November 18 is rapidly approaching. That’s the day Nintendo picked for the U.S. release of its fancy new system, the Wii U.
The world was a very different place since the last home video game console came out in 2006 (the original motion-controlled Wii). Within the past six years, we’ve seen two U.S. presidential elections, three James Bond films starring Daniel Craig, and nine handheld Pokémon games. So it’s okay to feel a little rusty when it comes to hardware launches.
That’s why we compiled all of GamesBeat’s Wii U coverage in this handy post. If you have no idea what the Wii U is, or what it’s capable of, start with our comprehensive primer. Don’t know what games to pick up at launch? Here’s a complete list of all 23 titles. Otherwise, dive right in.
- Why you should wait on a Wii U (review)
- Gadget lovers and gamers: Here’s a look inside the Nintendo Wii U
- Bricked Wii U owners will have to send their consoles to Nintendo for repair
- 10 Things you don’t know about the Nintendo Wii U
- The Wii U is (not really) battery powered
- What’s in the box? Nintendo Wii U Deluxe Edition and Pro Controller
- See how the Wii U’s size compares to the Wii’s
- The Wii U launch-title review round-up
- Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed
- New Super Mario Bros. Wii U
- Nintendo Land
- Will Wii U players get an unfair advantage in Call of Duty: Black Ops II multiplayer?
- Nintendo Land will make you hate your friends and family
- The Wii U could be a new home for indie games
- EA shows off smart Wii U GamePad tricks for FIFA 13 and Mass Effect 3
- Your Wii U won’t connect to the Internet? Here’s the fix
- Wii U video chat provided by Vidyo, which also powers Google Hangouts (and sees a $1B opportunity in Nintendo)
- The Nintendo Wii U Online FAQ
- The Wii U’s online service is an ‘empathy network’ — what the heck is that?
- Wii U’s browser is better equipped for HTML5 than Internet Explorer 10 on PC
- Nintendo’s touchscreen TV service for the Wii U plays catch-up (hands-on video)
- Nintendo and Wii U eShop impressing indie developers faster than Microsoft and Sony
- Nintendo’s Scott Moffitt tells us what we need to know about the Wii U launch
- Why Ubisoft has eight games coming for the Wii U
- Nintendo VP Scott Moffitt dishes on the Wii U’s $299 price, living room strategy, and more