Gaming is in its golden age, and big and small players alike are maneuvering like kings and queens in A Game of Thrones. Register now for our GamesBeat 2015
event, Oct. 12-Oct.13, where we'll explore strategies in the new world of gaming.
Square Enix is going all out for the launch of the rebooted Tomb Raider series. Game journalist and Doritos enthusiast Geoff Keighley will release a Kindle book about the game called The Final Hours of Tomb Raider, and now the publisher revealed its plans for a $99.99 Collector’s Edition release.
Tomb Raider is a third-person action game for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC set to debut on March 5. It stars, as usual, English archaeologist Lara Croft, although this game will completely rework her origin story.
The $99.99 Tomb Raider Collector’s Edition includes the following:
- 8-inch Lara Croft figurine: A posable action figure with 40 points of articulation.
- 15 inch-by-19 inch double-sided island map and poster: One side features a map of the island the game is set on and the other is a poster-sized version of the box art.
- 5 inch-by-7 inch lithographic print: Developer Crystal Dynamic’s senior art director, Brian Horton, designed this image of Lara. Artist Brenoch Adams painted it.
- Iron-on badges based on in-game icons: Lara earns “experience shields” in Tomb Raider, and the badges represent some of these.
- Tomb Raider soundtrack on CD: A 10-track disc with over 60 minutes of in-game music.
- Tomb Raider downloadable content: A weapon pack that Lara can use.
- Tin survival-kit packaging: Everything comes in a big box modeled after a survival kit from Tomb Raider.
The Collector’s Edition isn’t ready for preordering just yet, but Square Enix will offer it at Tombraider.com/preorder when it is available.