All video game box art looks the same. If you don’t believe me, you can see for yourself in this article that illustrates how nearly all box art falls under the same few cliches.
The good news is that you can easily replace the covers of your DVD and Blu-ray cases by printing off your own artwork and slipping it into the plastic sheath. I’ve got a gallery filled with some of my favorites below, but you can find an extensive collection in the custom cover thread on the popular gaming forum NeoGAF.
Here are 10 of the better replacement covers:
The process is simple. You just need to follow one of the links below (or any in the collection thread) to find the raw picture data. These are high-resolution image that are ideal for printing. You can use any kind of paper, but keep in mind that you’ll need to fold it to fit the shape of the box. You can find the links to the images in the gallery below:
- Red Dead Redemption by Rengoku - PS3 | 360
- Mirror’s Edge by Rengoku – PS3 | 360
- Metal Gear Solid 4 by Mithos – PS3
- Dark Souls by Dreweyes – PS3 | 360
- Gears of War 3 by -PXG- – 360
- Donkey Kong Country Returns by Beats – Wii
- Super Mario Galaxy by Beats – Wii
- BioShock by Rengoku – PS3 | 360
- Ico & Shadow of the Colossus HD Collection by Rengoku – PS3
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim by Rengoku – PS3 | 360