Gaming is in its golden age, and big and small players alike are maneuvering like kings and queens in A Game of Thrones. Register now for our GamesBeat 2015
event, Oct. 12-Oct.13, where we'll explore strategies in the new world of gaming.
Ubisoft’s open-world first-person shooter is getting a bit spruced up.
The publisher/developer released a patch for the PC version of the game that you can download here. This update fixes a plethora of bugs in the game’s campaign and multiplayer modes.
Here’s a portion of the changelog:
- Fixed several issues with customizing controls.
- Fixed the accessing bug for the camera and the throwing rocks.
- Users that have missed the Relic located in Dr. Earnhardt cave will have the relic recover.
- Fixed the bug with the weapon models staying onscreen/stuck on the character’s arm.
- The leaderboard is now updating correctly even after if the user is disconnecting/reconnecting the ethernet cable.
- The objective is now properly updated after Jason burns the weed fields.
- New options the hide the HUD are now available in the option menu.
- Add support for downloadable content.
- Fixed the issue when the user was becoming invincible after failing mission “Black Gold” several times.
- The Phonecall from Hurk (ULC missions) is no longer overlapping the brief of the “Piece of the Past” mission.
- Fixed the issue when Sam was no longer in the jeep’s turret after placing two bomb and being kill several time in “Black Gold” mission.
- Sam is no longer getting stuck when the user destroy an enemy car.
- Improve stability on multiplayer maps.
For the full list of changes, check far-cry.ubi.com.
Far Cry 3 was one of the last big releases of 2012. We really enjoyed the game, which you can see in our review and our staff picks for the best games of the year.