Join 180 select leaders from King, Glu, Rovio, Unity, Facebook, and more at GamesBeat Summit
. This is an invite-only event so apply now
The NPD Group just sent out the final financial report for video games from 2012. Now we can tell you which games sold the most.
NPD is a financial-analysis firm that tracks the sales of video games at brick-and-mortar retailers in the States. That’s how we know that the games industry sold $6.71 billion worth of new games in 2012. That’s down 23 percent from 2011’s $8.69 billion.
So, which games contributed the most to that number?
The 10 best-selling games of 2012:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II (360, PS3, PC, Wii U)
- Madden NFL 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV, Wii U)
- Halo 4 (360)
- Assassin’s Creed III (360, PS3, PC, Wii U)
- Just Dance 4 (Wii, 360, Wii U, PS3)
- NBA 2K13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSP, Wii U, PC)
- Borderlands 2 (360, PS3, PC)
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (360, PS3, Wii, PC)
- Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Wii, 360, NDS, PS3, 3DS, PSV, PC)
- FIFA Soccer 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV, 3DS, Wii U, PSP)
That’s it. Not very surprising, is it?