Does your heart beat to the Silicon Valley drum? Do you love tech business news? Do you have comfortable walking shoes? Then we want you to be our new editorial intern.
VentureBeat is looking for a full-time paid intern to work out of our downtown San Francisco office. We’re on the Embarcadero and have great views!
As a former VentureBeat intern, I can attest that this is a great place to get your footing in the tech reporting world and pick up a ton of writing, editing, and reporting skills. The VentureBeat team is here to show you the ropes of reporting on Silicon Valley, Silicon Alley, and beyond. Don’t be surprised if you pick up other great tidbits of wisdom along the way.
If you have a passion for technology — from funding news and cloud storage to mobile topics and social media — you’ll be a great fit for VentureBeat. We’re a fast-paced and hard-working team, and if that doesn’t scare you off, step right up and apply.
Some of our former interns have gone on to great jobs at Wired, Business Insider, TechCrunch, and VentureBeat itself, so this is a proven way to kickstart a journalism career.
What we’re looking for:
Must be an excellent writer and interested in learning how a real-time newsroom works. Our ideal candidate will jump on tasks, pick up stories quickly, and meet deadlines with ease. A background in journalism with prior business/tech writing is preferred. You need to live in the San Francisco area for the duration of the internship.
- Sorting through news pitch emails and forwarding them to our writing team.
- Reporting on startup funding news and general technology news daily.
- Writing fast and on deadline.
- Developing sources with companies, public relations firms, and venture capitalists.
- Keeping your eye on what’s happening in the tech world and keeping your fellow writers informed.
- Developing and writing longer features with original reporting and unique insight.
- Attending and reporting on conferences in San Francisco and Silicon Valley.
- Processing freelance contracts, forms, and invoices.
- A few clerical duties.
How to apply:
Interested? To apply, check out VentureBeat and write a short sample post that you think fits with our coverage. Send the sample post along with your résumé (or LinkedIn URL) to email@example.com with the subject line Editorial Intern.
VentureBeat is studying social media marketing
, and we’ll share the data with you.