No amounts known
The following investments do not have disclosed amounts. We have put them in reverse chronological order. (If you know the number, let us know).
152. Mangatar — Italy’s Mangatar raises seed funding for Dengen Chronicles game. Investor: dPixel. Dec. 29.
153. Infernum Productions — Infernum Productions raises round for free-to-play games such as Brick Force. Investors: Koch Media/Deep Silver. Dec. 18.
154. Kabam — Kabam raises round for hardcore free-to-play social and mobile games. Investors: Warner Bros. and MGM. Dec. 11.
155. Storybricks — Storybricks raises round and pivots to creating artificial intelligence for online games. Investors: Alex Khein, Kima Ventures, Playfair Capital, and Andy McLoughlin. Dec. 5.
156. HitFox — HitFox raises round and expands globally with four new game distribution businesses. Investors: Team Europe Ventures, HV Holtzbrinck Ventures, Tengelmann Ventures, Hasso Plattner Ventures, Kite Ventures, and Digital Pioneers. Dec. 4.
157. Boomlagoon — Former Angry Birds developers secure funding for new game studio. Investors: Jari Ovaskainen and London Venture Partners. Nov. 28.140. Gogamingo — Gogamingo raises funds for cross-platform tournament system. Investors: not disclosed. Nov. 15.
158. Tista Games — Tista Games raises round for episodic games for hardcore gamers. Investor: Piedmont RIA (Militello Capital). Nov. 6.
160. Pro 3 Games — Austria’s Pro 3 Games raises
funds for social browser games such as Starforce Delta. Investor: iVentureCapital. Nov. 3
161. Bunker Mode — Bunker Mode raises
a round for High Limit Sports app in sports-betting market. Investors: Alex Tai and others. Nov. 1.
163. Little Orbit — Little Orbit lands
investment for games like Monster High: Skultimate Roller Maze. Investors: Metrix Capital Group. Oct. 17.
145. Kidaptive — Kidaptive raises
money for educational iPad apps that are disguised as games. Investors: Menlo Ventures, Crunchfund, Veddis Ventures, S-Cubed Capital, Krantz Holdings, VKRM Ventures, iCamp, and Prana Holdings. Oct. 12.
164. Fanhood — Fanhood raises
a seed round for sports-betting games on Facebook. Investors: First Round Capital, Mayfield Fund, and Foundation Capital.
165. JumpStart — Formerly Knowledge Adventure, JumpStart rebranded and raises a round of funding to make educational games. Investors: Azure Capital Partners, TeleSoft Partners, and other investors. Oct. 4.148. LionWorks — Guatemala’s LionWorks raises funds to make Latin American games. Investors: PeopleFund. Oct. 3.
166. BitGym — BitGym raises funds to create motion-sensing games for mobile devices. Investors: Sam Altman, Zen Chu, and William Lohse. Sept. 30.
167. CiiNow — CiiNow raises round for software that reduces the costs and complexities of cloud-gaming services. Investor: Advanced Micro Devices. Sept. 11.
168. MediaSpike — MediaSpike raises round for in-game ads. Headed by Facebook gaming pioneer Blake Commagere, MediaSpike embeds product placements in social games. Investors: Raptor Capital, CMEA, 500 Startups, Venture51, EchoVC, and HNK Ventures. Sept. 7.
169. RocketPlay — RocketPlay blasts off with funding for sports casino games on Zynga’s platform. The company has raised “less than $10 million.” Investors: Pitango Venture Capital. Sept. 5.
170. OHK Labs — OHK Labs scores money to launch SportsPicker Challenge sports-betting game. Company raised at least $250,000. Investors: not disclosed. Sept. 5.
171. Fingerprint Digital — Fingerprint Digital raises money so it can give kids something to play when they steal your iPhone. Investor: Corus Entertainment. Sept. 5.
172. PointMMO — PointMMO raises millions for massively multiplayer online gaming portal. Investors: not disclosed. Aug. 30.
171. SkyVu — Battle Bears creator SkyVu raises venture round to beef up its game brands. Investors: Lightbank, Nextview Ventures, Great Oaks Venture Capital, Michael Chang, and the Nebraska Angels. Aug. 14.
173. Innovative Leisure — Innovative Leisure scores a seed round to make arcade-style mobile games using Atari’s famous game designers. The company is headed by Xbox co-creator Seamus Blackley and Van Burnham. Investor: Hummer Winblad. Aug. 6.
174. Xyologic — Xyologic gets funding for game and app search engine on Android. Investors: Klaas Kersting, Signia Venture Partners, and Eric Wahlforss. Aug. 2.
175. Diversion — Los Angeles social gaming firm Diversion raises funds. Investors: Shawn Fanning, Michael Eisner, TomorrowVentures, Hearst Corp., The Tornante Company. July 22.
176. PeopleFun — PeopleFun gets funding for mobile games. Headed by former Ensemble Studios founder Tony Goodman, the team is keeping mum about its titles. Investors: Self-funded. July 17.
177. Jump Games — Tom Hanks moves into the game business by funding Jump Games. Investor: Tom Hanks. July 17.
178. Forgame Tech — China’s Forgame Tech raises a round of private equity for web games. Investors: TA Associates, Qiming Venture Partners, Ignition Capital Partners. July 11.
179. Betable — Betable raises seed round for platform that converts social casino games into real-money online gambling games. Investors: Greylock Discovery Fund, FF Angel LLC, True Ventures, Dave Morin, Yuri Milner, CrunchFund, Marc Abramowitz, Scott Belsky, Auren Hoffman, Sean Knapp, Howard Lindzon, Matt Ocko, Joshua Schacter, and Arjun Sethi. July 9.
180. Epic Games — Epic Games, maker of Unreal and Gears of War, raises strategic investment. Investor: Tencent. June 19.
181. Cmune — Cmune raises a round for first-person shooter games on social networks. Investor: Atomico. May 10.
182. IUGO Mobile Entertainment — IUGO Mobile Entertainment raises a round to make mobile games. Investor: Gree. April 19.
183. Aeria Games — Aeria Games gets strategic investment for hardcore free-to-play online games. Investor: Sony’s So-net Entertainment. April 18.
184. Spaceport.io — Spaceport.io raises money for cross-platform gaming. Investors: BBC Worldwide and YouWeb. April 11.
185. Transmension — Transmension raises funding for games for smart TVs. Investor: Intel. April 10.
186. Lifo Interactive — South Korea’s Lifo Interactive raises funds for social games. Investor: Intel Capital. March 10.
187. Dramagame — Dramagame (formerly Tribe Studios) raises a round for an acting game. Investors: Rauli Arjatsalo, Mikko Elomaa, Ville Skogberg and Kontro & Peuru Consulting Group. March 8.
188. Chuck Studios — Chuck Studios raises seed funds to move into social gaming. Investors: Bartle Bogle Hegarty, BBH Asia Pacific, and Perfetti Van Melle. Feb. 19.
189. Bionic Panda Studios — Charles Hudson’s Bionic Panda Studios raises funding for Android mobile games. Investors: Google Ventures, SoftTech VC, Norwest Venture Partners, 500 Startups, Craig Sherman, Kal Vepuri. Jan. 17.
We’re holding our third annual VentureBeat Mobile Summit conference this April 1-2 in Sausalito, Calif. The invitation-only event gathers the top 180 executives from all segments of the mobile ecosystem to develop a blueprint for the industry’s growth in the coming year. For more information and to request an invitation, click here.
VentureBeat’s VB Insight team is studying marketing and personalization...
Chime in here, and we’ll share the results