Gaming execs: Join 180 select leaders
from King, Glu, Rovio, Unity, Facebook, and more to plan your path to global domination in 2015. GamesBeat Summit
is invite-only -- apply here
. Ticket prices increase
on April 3rd!
Gears of War: Judgment, Epic’s fourth release in the series, launched about 10 days ago, but the developer is already pushing out extra content. Available today, fans can download an additional mode and map for multiplayer as well as a title update that addresses a few minor issues.
Available immediately through the Xbox Live Marketplace, players can get the Execution multiplayer mode and Haven map for free for a limited time.
Execution is similar to Gears of War’s standard deathmatch mode where each team must take out the other, but it has a twist: Downed players will revive automatically after a countdown timer unless an enemy executes them. Fans can download this content directly from the title menu, Xbox.com, or the Xbox 360 dashboard.
Currently, a dialog box prompts users to download the content but a bug is preventing that from working.
As for the title update, here is the changelog directly from Epic’s forums:
- Various dedicated server improvements.
- Players no longer get stuck in the main menu background after playing three random matches.
- Locusts no longer spawn at the second E-Hole on the first wave of Island.
- Players will no longer get stuck inside of a Boom Shield that has been planted by an enemy player.
- Players will no longer able to look down the scope with a Markza while holding a Meat Shield.
- If a Locust destroys an objective at the same time the timer runs out in OverRun using Mercy rules, the match will not end early.
- Fix for exclamation points not disappearing after viewing an unlocked character.
- While holding a Meat Shield you will only need to tap B to melee.
- The Meat Shield will now drop if you switch to the snub.
- The “Spray and Pray” ribbon can now be earned in the first round.
- If the Boom Shield is disabled in weapon swap you will no longer see the icon in Tac-Com.
- You will now earn the Team Savior ribbon for reviving three individual teammates in a single life.
- Players can no longer chainsaw another player while holding the Boom Shield.
- Improvements to the Hammer of Dawn targeting.
- You will now see XP tallies between matches.