You may have seen our first community update that we posted a short while ago. In keeping with the spirit of encouraging participation and contributions from you, our readers, we’d like to take this opportunity to give something back.
What do you need to do?
Not registered at GamesBeat yet? Click “Login” in the red bar at the top to start the process. Once you’re signed up, submit at least two original articles between Jan. 1 and June 30, and you’ll be eligible to win. If you’re unfamiliar with what this submission process entails, you can read our “about” page for an overview. The short answer is: Just log in and share your opinions, criticisms, or general creativity about video games. Short on ideas? Consider the following:
- Have you noticed any recurring themes in games you’ve played recently?
- Has a game made you question or reexamine something in your own life?
- Have you gotten really happy/angry/frustrated/impressed with a game recently?
- Are you an artist or do you have Photoshop skills? Make us laugh with an original cartoon.
- Do you strongly agree or disagree with something someone else in the gaming industry has said recently?
If you’re one of those amazing people who has already done all of this, thank you for your participation, and you’re already in the running. If you haven’t yet submitted anything, you have a month and a half to show us your creativity or writing chops and earn a chance to win.
What’s at stake?
Two randomly selected winners from all eligible participants will receive a grab bag full of gaming swag and at least one game. You may get shirts, stickers, toys, posters, downloadable game codes, or whatever else our editor-in-chief Dan “Shoe” Hsu happens to pull out of his closet. (We assure you, his closet is quite full of good stuff.)
The fine print
- You must register at GamesBeat.com and post at least two original articles by June 30.
- Please make sure your entries actually have some meaningful content. Gibberish, advertisements, plagiarism, and posts generally lacking a point don’t count.
- Contest open to residents of the continental United States and Canada. (Sorry, international shipping is rough.)
- Picture is not indicative of prizes, but we’ll still send you cool stuff. We promise.
Mobile developer or publisher? VentureBeat is studying mobile marketing automation.
Fill out our 5-minute survey
, and we'll share the data with you.