All year, Nintendo has promised that it will release games for the Wii U over the last six months of 2013. Now, the company is solidifying its schedule.
The big announcement is that The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD will hit the console on Sept. 20 as a download through the Nintendo eShop. The game will hit retail Oct. 4 for $50. The publisher also moved the release of Super Mario 3D World from December to before Black Friday. It is now due out Nov. 22 for $60. Nintendo also moved Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze from November to Dec. 6. That title will retail for $50.
Here’s Nintendo’s full release list for Wii U for the rest of the year:
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD: $50, Sept. 20 (digital), Oct. 4 (retail)
- Wii Party U: $50, Oct. 25
- Super Mario 3D World: $60, Nov. 22
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: $50, Dec. 6
- Wii Fit U: Price and date to come
- Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games: Price and date to come
In addition to these release dates, Nintendo announced a $50 price cut to the Wii U and a Zelda: Wind Waker HD bundle.
Nintendo also revealed the dates for its 3DS lineup. The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds is coming Nov. 22 for $40. Mario Party: Island Tour is also due Nov. 22 for $40. Both of these games will work with the newly announced Nintendo 2DS handheld, which is due out Oct. 12 — the same day that Pokémon X and Y launch.
Marketing technologist? We're studying the big marketing clouds
Fill out our 5-minute survey
, and we'll share the data with you.