Rockstar Games has just announced a new update for Grand Theft Auto V that will fix some of the issues associated with the online mode. It is currently available for PlayStation 3 with an Xbox 360 version hopefully appearing later tonight. Rockstar Games mentions this list of fixes:
• Fix to address the issue where players were stuck launching a session before the Mall or Nothing race in the online tutorial.
• Fix to address an issue where bank & cash were deleted incorrectly in some cases.
• Fix to address incorrect amounts of cash being dropped when the player dies in Missions and Last Team Standing.
• Fixes an issue where the Character Switch Wheel would disappear after a failed load.
• Fixes an issue where attempting to enter GTA Online via the Character Switch Wheel caused a black screen.
• Fixes an issue where temporary characters were overwriting main characters.
• Fixes an issue where players were losing apartments and the money they spent on them.
• Fixes an issue that caused Story Mode missions to be missed in some instances.
• Removes the autosave that occurred when transitioning into GTA Online from within GTAV Story Mode to prevent the chance of Story Mode saves becoming corrupted.
• Several tweaks to GTA Online including improving overall stability.
In addition to the patch, Rockstar Games has also launched a set of Grand Theft Auto Online features in their Social Club, a website dedicated to tracking stats, jobs, and progress of the players roaming the streets of Grand Theft Auto Online.