This sponsored post is produced by AppLift.
In a joint market-analysis effort, mobile game-marketing platform AppLift and global game-market research firm Newzoo are working together to investigate the appeal of various areas of the world for mobile game publishers, shedding light on the growth opportunities, monetization potential, and user-acquisition costs.
“The mobile games market has been growing extremely fast and is rapidly changing across different regions. Data is key to understand these market developments,” said Kaya Taner, the CEO and cofounder of AppLift. ”Newzoo’s market stats combined with the mobile games marketing insights AppLift gained from working with over 100 partners enable game publishers to make informed decisions.”
The major findings of the analysis are summarized in “The Global Mobile Games Landscape,” an infographic [below] that provides insights on global and regional mobile gaming data across six regions. Both macro- and individual-player level data is included as well as a concluding regional appeal score for mobile game publishers.
“In order to benefit the most from the mobile games opportunity, publishers not only require insights on a global scale but also need to understand the full consumer journey, ultimately leading to revenue growth,” NewZoo CEO Peter Warman said. “This is where our market data on players, share of paying players and average spent complements the game marketing metrics known to mobile games marketing specialist AppLift.”
The key takeaways of the analysis are:
- The global mobile games market will grow 27.3 percent annually to double in 2016 and reach $23.9 billion.
- This growth is fueled by an increase in the number of players and payers as well as a higher average spend per paying mobile gamer.
- The tablet games market will show 400 percent growth until 2016, reaching $10 billion.
- Already, 966 million, or 78 percent, of 1.2 billion gamers worldwide play mobile games.
- Worldwide, 368 million consumers, or 38 percent of all mobile gamers, spend a monthly average of $2.78 on or in mobile games. By 2016, these figures will amount to 50 percent and $3.07.
- With 48 percent of the global revenue, the Asia-Pacific region is by far the biggest market for mobile games.
- Western and Eastern Europe will grow fastest with Compound Annual Growth (CAGR) rates of over 33 percent. Within the APAC region, China and Southeast Asia boast comparable growth figures.
- Average monthly spend per paying mobile gamer is highest in Western Europe, with $4.40. In comparison, in North America this figure stands at $3.87, but with the highest share of payers among players worldwide (45 percent).
- Costs of acquisition for loyal mobile gamers range from $1.11 and $0.74 on iOS and Android, respectively, in smaller Latin American countries to $3.70 and $1.71 in mature APAC markets such as Japan, South Korea, and Australia.
- Overall, Western Europe, North America, and Asia Pacific will remain the most appealing markets for mobile game publishers.
AppLift is a mobile games marketing platform. The company was founded in 2012 by HitFox Group, Kaya Taner, and Tim Koschella. AppLift helps mobile game advertisers acquire loyal, quality gamers at scale on a CPI basis. Hereby, a strong focus is placed on tracking and optimizing the Customer Lifetime Value of the users delivered. On the supply side, media partners can easily and effectively monetize their traffic with relevant game offers, on both iOS and Android through nonintrusive, native advertising formats. AppLift offers its partners extensive and personalized support in order to deliver the highest performance. AppLift partners with 100-plus quality game publishers, such as King, Wooga, and EA, and with 1,000-plus media partners. The company is headquartered in Berlin with further offices in San Francisco and Seoul and has received $20 million investment from Prime Ventures.
Further information is available at www.applift.com and http://www.applift.com/The-Global-Mobile-Games-Market.html
Newzoo (www.newzoo.com) is the leading global market research firm focused purely on the games market.
The company provides its clients with a mix of primary consumer research, transactional data and financial analysis across all continents, screens and business models. Newzoo’s clients include Valve, Sega, Plantronics, Wizards of the Coast, Incomm, Nvidia, GlobalCollect, Microsoft, EA, Coca-Cola, and Visa/PlaySpan.
Sponsored posts are content that has been produced by a company, which is either paying for the post or has a business relationship with VentureBeat, and they’re always clearly marked. The content of news stories produced by our editorial team is never influenced by advertisers or sponsors in any way. For more information, contact email@example.com.