Third-Annual Conference Explores How Data Science & Analytics are Transforming Business with Data Leaders from LinkedIn, Facebook, UC Berkeley, NYSE, MIT Media Lab, Kaiser Permanente, and many more. Dec. 4-5, Redwood City, CA
SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–November 18, 2013–
The editors of VentureBeat, a media company that covers disruptive technology and explains why it matters in our lives, have announced DataBeat/Data Science Summit 2013, an event that goes beyond the current obsession with “Big Data” to explore the biggest challenges and opportunities in data science.
“Organizations have realized that data science and data analytics represent perhaps the biggest opportunity to drive dramatic change and opportunity in their businesses today,” said Matt Marshall, CEO & Editor-in-Chief, VentureBeat. “By blending VentureBeat’s strength in covering the business opportunity offered by disruptive technology, together with the Data Science Summit community, we’re confident that this is the best big data lineup you’ll find on the planet. Attendees will get an unparalleled cross-section of ideas from top data scientists, executives, academics, and journalists.”
Senior Director of Data Science
Head of Analytics
VP of Data
Dean & Profssor
UC Berkeley, I School
John Henry Clippinger
ID3, MIT Media Lab
Data Science Services
Chief Data Officer
Partner, Khosla Ventures
SVP of Data Science
Why You Should Attend:
- Gain an understanding of how data science has evolved in 2013 and plug into the important conversations of 2014
- Be inspired by real world use cases directly from the most innovative companies that are seeing measurable value from data science
- Learn about the data science innovations those companies leverage, the insights they’ve gained, and the competitive advantage they’re seeing
- Meet the new breed of data scientists – to understand where they come from, what they do, and why you need them working for you
- Hear how leading organizations are shifting to better leverage data science opportunity, and what lessons they’ve learned
- Get a clear picture of the true business value that modern data science brings
Join us for a two-day roadmap that will give you a clear understanding of how you need to be approaching data science today to create real business value.
DataBeat/Data Science Summit is happening December 4-5 at the Sofitel Hotel in Redwood City, CA. The conference is presented in association with Data Science Central and is brought to you thanks to the generous support of Pivotal and Gainsight. Tickets are going fast. Reserve your spot now: www.venturebeat.com/events/databeat.
Founded in 2006, VentureBeat has emerged as one of the “best blogs on the web” according to The New York Times, offering 5.5 million readers per month (Source: comScore) unparalleled insight into the most relevant emerging technologies, trends, companies, and the business opportunities that they create. Led by Matt Marshall and a team of experienced journalists, the company has grown into the leading source for breaking news and in-depth reporting on a range of technology trends-from social to mobile, small business to enterprise, clean technology, cloud services, games, and more. The company also brings the community together several times per year with its own executive-level conferences, such as MobileBeat, CloudBeat, GamesBeat, and the VentureBeat Mobile Summit. For more information, visit: www.venturebeat.com.
PRwithBrains for VentureBeat
914-476-6089 – office
914-330-3501 – cell