Gaming is in its golden age, and big and small players alike are maneuvering like kings and queens in A Game of Thrones. Register now for our GamesBeat 2015
event, Oct. 12-Oct.13, where we'll explore strategies in the new world of gaming.
Publisher Electronic Arts’ much-maligned blockbuster Battlefield 4 is getting an update on Xbox One today. This patch addresses many of the issues that have been causing the game to crash. The update also includes a variety of other tweaks and fixes.
Developer DICE said last week that it is putting all other development on hold until it can sort out the issues with Battlefield 4. Since its October launch (and its later releases alongside the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 consoles), Battlefield 4 has had severe performance and connection issues across every platform. DICE recently released updates for PC and PlayStation 4, and it is now getting around to the Xbox One with more than a dozen fixes.
Here is the official changelog from DICE’s Xbox One “control room” thread:
- Fixed three common crashes that could occur during map transitions.
- Fixed a common crash that could occur when using the in-game Battlelog in the “end of round” screen.
- Fixed two crashes related to destroying vehicles.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when the player lost connection to a server.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when using the scoreboard.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when players were using the voice chat.
- Optimized performance when shooting destroyed Levolution objects on some levels.
- Removed the blur effect on soldiers that appeared when Commanders were using EMP attacks.
- Fixed the “one-hit kill” bug where damage from a single bullet sometimes was applied multiple times. This could lead to firefights where normal rifles sometimes dealt one-shot kills, which is not as designed.
- Fixed a memory leak that could lead to crashes at certain points.
- Further reduced the probability of getting a corrupt save file in the single player campaign.
- Fixed the audio drop-outs that could occur when playing on large maps. Typical map affected was Golmud Railway in Conquest with 64 players. Ambient sound would sometimes cut out, like foley sounds from player running, vehicle engine sounds, vehicle movement sounds, and map ambient sounds.
- Fixed an issue with going online after resuming your Xbox One from suspended mode.
- Fixed some issues with the handling of Xbox One parties.
- Made the icons used to signal voice chat status more reliable.
Last week, EA released the first multiplatform expansion for Battlefield 4 called China Rising. Fans were confused about why the publisher was releasing premium downloadable content while the base game was still so broken. That is what led to EA and DICE promising to get the game fully working before moving on to other projects.
Powered by VBProfiles