Successful CMOs achieve growth by leveraging technology. Join us for GrowthBeat Summit on June 1-2 in Boston
, where we'll discuss how to merge creativity with technology to drive growth. Space is limited. Request your personal invitation here
This sponsored post is brought to you by Best Buy.
Living rooms everywhere get a star turn during the holidays — filled with Christmas trees, crackling fires, food, friends, and family. Incidentally, the centerpiece of all this celebration is often the TV, glowing with a seasonal classic or the New Year’s Eve ball drop. But now, with so many incredible devices available, you can give gifts that pump up entertainment not just during the holidays, but all year round. It’s possible to build someone the living room of their dreams — and everyone else’s envy. These five gift recommendations are a good place to start.
1) Chromecast: Starting at just $30, Chromecast brings all your favorite web video content to the big screen of your television. A simple dongle, it plugs right into any HDTV and can be controlled with any smartphone or tablet. It might be made by Google, but it’s also compatible with the iPhone and iPad. No need for fancy remote-work. Chromecast lets you access all your video faves like Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, Pandora, and more exactly how you would otherwise. And because it supports up to 1080p video resolution, you won’t have to worry about losing quality. Buy it here!
2) Sonos PLAY:1 Wireless Speakers: Nothing ruins a room’s look like a bunch of wires draped between electronics. The days of tethering yourself to your speaker system to play music are over too. The Sonos PLAY:1 Wireless Speaker system streams sound from iPads, iPhones, Android devices, televisions, DVD players, and more. You can control each speaker with these devices too. Put a couple of them together, and you bring new meaning to surround sound — in multiple rooms! Perfect for that New Year’s house party. Buy it here!
3) Xbox One Day One Edition: An all-in-one media center, the Xbox One delivers a superior gaming experience with incredible graphics and lets you steam videos, movies, TV shows, sports events, and more in HD via a variety of apps. The newly-designed wireless controller is a huge improvement over the last iteration, optimized for comfort and immersive gameplay. Voice recognition let’s you control the system inside and out of games. Microsoft Kinect comes as part of the package, bringing more motion to your family fun. And the Day One Edition comes with special branding for a truly slick look. Buy it here!
4) iLive Karaoke: If anything can get people off their phones and into party mode, it might be the iLive Karaoke System. It works with CDs, but also Bluetooth technology to stream the songs you want. Composite video output allows you to view lyrics on your television screen, so nothing extra is needed. And it even has LEDs to accompany your vocal stylings with a snazzy light show. Comes with two microphones for many duets to come. Buy it here!
5) Sony’s Smart WiFi Built-in Blu-ray Player: The Sony BDPS3100 Blu-ray player let’s you stream content in sharp, high-resolution. In addition to giving you access to Netflix, Pandora, YouTube, etc., it ups the quality of your old DVDs to 1080p, so your old favorites look better than ever. With I/P noise reduction built in for stunning image clarity, this device can easily trump a trip to the movie theater. Buy it here!
Images courtesy of BestBuy.
Sponsored posts are content that has been produced by a company, which is either paying for the post or has a business relationship with VentureBeat, and they’re always clearly marked. The content of news stories produced by our editorial team is never influenced by advertisers or sponsors in any way. For more information, contact email@example.com.
VentureBeat’s VB Insight team is studying marketing analytics...
Chime in here, and we’ll share the results