The holidays are a hectic time, but we’ve kept busy to deliver another week’s worth of content for you guys. Notably, we’re looking back at 2013’s brightest (and dimmest) games and moments. We also covered Nintendo’s network issues, reviewed the new Walking Dead episode and season from developer Telltale, and more.
So enjoy the last weekly roundup of 2013! We’ll see you next year.
Best and worst of 2013
- The DeanBeat: Creativity thrives in the top 10 games of the year (poll)
- Top 10 video game Easter eggs of 2013
- Worst of 2013: Announcements and screw-ups
- The best gaming memes and gifs of 2013: Xbox One, Kaz Hirai, and more
- The best video game trailers of 2013
- 2013 in review: A whole bunch of video game numbers
- The weirdest, silliest, and most downright disturbing games of 2013
- Best of 2013: System of the year
- My love-hate relationship with my 10 favorite games from 2013
- The best and worst video game performances of 2013
- The top gaming stories of 2013
- Wii U and 3DS eShops are down
- Nintendo calls Princess Zelda back to fight in the next Super Smash Bros.
- Chinese court jails World of Warcraft cybercrime ring
- New Titanfall trailer details the Atlas robot
- eBay users have sold around 65K PlayStation 4s and 33K Xbox Ones
Mobile and social
- Christmas for Mojang — Minecraft: Pocket Edition made $1M on iOS App Store yesterday
- QuizUp developer raises $22 million in latest funding round
- Dark Souls publisher wants a mobile version — but developer From Software doesn’t
- Holiday helping: Zynga’s Farmville players raise $1M in 20 days to feed the hungry
- The NYT profiles a Clash of Clans fan who played on five iPads at once
- How to play Hearthstone on your tablet right now
- Virtuix’s Jan Goetgeluk sees big things for virtual reality in wake of Oculus VR funding (interview)
Pieces of flair
- Which game companies sent these 2013 holiday cards?
- Great tabletop games for video gamers: Summoner Wars
- It’s not about bleeps and bloops: A tour of Sony’s full-blown music studio for video games
Nintendo of America is consistently amazed and humbled by the passion and loyalty of our fans. Our hope is that this Page can be a place where that excitement can live, thrive and be shared.... All Nintendo news »
Mojang AB is a Swedish independent video game developer founded in May 2009 under the name Mojang Specifications by Markus Persson, and most known for creating the popular independent game M... All Mojang news »