Update: Hearthstone is available as an iPad app now in certain countries. Find out more here.
Hearthstone is a very good digital collectible card game, but it has one drawback: You have to play it on PC or Mac since developer Blizzard hasn’t released a mobile version yet.
Sure, Hearthstone is in the works for iPad, and Blizzard plans to also release iPhone and Android versions by the middle of 2014 — but you don’t deserve to wait that long. You can start playing it now on your iPad or Android tablet immediately using a free app.
Hearthstone is Blizzard’s first free-to-play title. It has players going online to face off against one another with decks they’ve assembled similar to the popular Magic: The Gathering. The title is currently in beta testing on PC and Mac, but we’re going to show you how to play it on Android or iOS (as long as you are currently in the beta).
The program I use is TeamViewer. It is free to download on Mac, PC, Android, iOS, and more as long as you intend to use it for personal purposes. I can’t think of anything more personal than playing some Hearthstone in bed.
Follow these instructions to get Blizzard’s card battler up and running on your mobile device:
- On the computer that hosts your Hearthstone game, go to TeamViewer.com.
- Download an install the TeamViewer program for your respective operating system.
- During installation, set TeamViewer to “Install to control the computer later from remote.”
- To get the free version, indicate you are using TeamViewer for “personal/non-commercial use.”
- Set up your free TeamViewer account.
- Write down or remember the login credentials TeamViewer provides for you.
- Now, pick up your mobile device, and download the TeamViewer app for either iOS or Android.
- Open TeamViewer on your tablet, and log in using the provided credentials.
That should do it. From there, you’ll want to mess around with the settings to ensure you have the best experience possible. If you’d rather watch a visual presentation of the instructions, check out the video at the top of the page.
Activision (Activision Blizzard) is an American video game developer and publisher headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, but now operating worldwide. It was the first independent developer and distributor of video games for gaming consol... read more »
iOS is the world’s most advanced mobile operating system, continually redefining what people can do with a mobile device. Together, the iOS SDK and Xcode IDE make it easy for developers to create revolutionary mobile apps.... read more »
Michael "Mike" Morhaime (born 1967) is president and a co-founder of Blizzard Entertainment (originally founded in 1991 as Silicon & Synapse), a video game developer located in Irvine, California, currently owned by Activision Blizzard... read more »
Powered by VBProfiles
GamesBeat 2014 — VentureBeat’s sixth annual event on disruption in the video game market — is coming up on Sept 15-16 in San Francisco. Purchase one of the first 50 tickets and save $400!