Until today, owners of Windows 8.1 PCs in Asia have been unable to play Battlefield 4 — at all. This is one of the more urgent fixes included in today’s patch.
Stability tops the list of fixes in this latest update to the PC version, with developers claiming “various fixes for improving general stability.” The Battlefield 4 website says that the patch is “rolling out” today, and we’ve contacted EA to verify when it’ll be out to all players and regions.
In addition, if anyone has been wondering how their killer had 100 percent health when they shot that !#@% five times, they finally have an answer — it’s a bug. That player’s health wasn’t showing up correctly, and it’s now been fixed. It’s just one of several potentially annoying in-game issues that should no longer appear after today’s update, including friendly markers not showing (and causing players to shoot at teammates, giving away their position) and an ammo box blocking players’ cameras when driving the main battle tank.
Finally, the balance of the online multiplayer has been adjusted, especially the speed and maneuverability of stealth and attack jets.
Electronic Arts and DICE released Battlefield 4, a big-budget first-person military shooter, Oct. 29 for last-gen consoles and PC and brought it to the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 upon their November release. They promised to deliver “moments that blur the line between game and glory,” but many gamers never got to experience any glory; instead, all they saw was a broken or unplayable game.
Since that release, DICE has been scrambling to fix BF4’s bugs and save its reputation, but two and a half months later, every version still has several bugs and glitches. A full list of today’s fixes to the PC version is below:
- Various fixes for improving general stability
- Fixed a memory leak issue occurring after level shutdowns, which could result in a out-of-memory crash in longer play sessions
- Additional fix for the “sound loop” deadlock when running High/Ultra graphics settings
- Added a warning for using legacy AMD drivers that were out of date
- Fixed a player feedback-timing issue where blood was appearing before other damage indicators and before damage was actually done
- Fixed a bug where players’ rank icons on the scoreboard would not be updated
- Fix for Asian users unable to start Battlefield 3 and Battlefield 4 on Windows 8.1
- Normalized repair rates across all vehicles.
- Fixed problem with killer health in kill card not being correctly updated (showing 100% health even though the soldier was hurt)
- Fix for friendly marker not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members
- Fixed a bug where a Main Battle Tank Coaxial HMG ammo box was occasionally blocking the driver’s camera
- Increased damage by 25 percent for the Stealth Jet 20mm cannons.
- Stealth Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other. F-35 and J-20 are slightly more agile, Su-50 is less agile.
- Attack Jets now have more similar handling attributes to each other, and all 3 are now slightly less agile than earlier
- Fixed camera glitch when switching weapons while moving in crouch
- Fixed an occasional bug where players could experience intermittent engine sound dropouts when driving wheeled IFVs
- Fix for player spawning under the map when deploying on Lancang Dam
- Fixed flickering in map and minimap on Rogue Transmission and Operation Locker
Electronic Arts Inc. (EA), headquartered in Redwood City, California, is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. Founded in 1982, the Company develops, publishes, and distributes interactive software worldwide for ... read more »
Powered by VBProfiles
Mobile developer or publisher? VentureBeat is studying mobile marketing automation.
Fill out our 5-minute survey
, and we'll share the data with you.