Microsoft already has another update ready for the Xbox One as the company continues with its rapidly improving its latest gaming machine.
The company started sending out an Xbox One update last night after testing many of its new features as part of its beta program. The new features and fixes include better GameDVR video clips, a better Kinect, and expanded notifications. Microsoft has already updated the Xbox One a number of times, and it will continue to do so almost on a monthly basis for the foreseeable future.
“We will begin rolling out the next Xbox One system update,” Xbox evangelist Larry “Major Nelson” Hyrb wrote in a blog post last night. “Again, I have to thank all of the Xbox Live members who previewed features with us and shared some of their feedback. Their input helped shape this system update, and we look forward to expanding our list of previewing Xbox Live members in the coming months.”
If you want to preview future versions of Xbox One’s operating system, you’ll have to hope that Microsoft sends an invite to the Xbox One Preview app to your inbox. That’s the only way to gain entry into the program.
As for the April update, here’s the full list of what’s new and different:
- Game update progress bar will inform Xbox One owners which of their games and apps have updated recently.
- Improvements to the Friends app brings notifications when your favorites or friends sign online. You can control these popups in the settings.
- Better Kinect voice and gesture detection. Microsoft says it has “fine-tuned” the quality and reliability of its included camera/microphone device. The company claims your hands are less likely to trigger the gesture controls just because you’re eating some popcorn or something.
- Higher-quality GameDVR videos using better compression algorithms.
- Blu-ray support for 50Hz video output in European and other territories.
- Controller and headset update that reduces audio static and improves connectivity.
- Silent reboot after a system update will enable Xbox One to automatically install and then restart its system while in standby mode.
- Gamers can now also force the Xbox One to update with a new option in the system settings.
Microsoft Corporation is a public multinational corporation headquartered in Redmond, Washington, USA that develops, manufactures, licenses, and supports a wide range of products and services predominantly related to computing through ... read more »
Powered by VBProfiles