Gaming execs: Join 180 select leaders
from King, Glu, Rovio, Unity, Facebook, and more to plan your path to global domination in 2015. GamesBeat Summit
is invite-only -- apply here
. Ticket prices increase
on March 6 Pacific!
With the tagline “Advanced Warfare,” the next Call of Duty should have some pretty cool weapons, gadgets, and vehicles.
Based on the initial trailer from last night, Activision’s Sledgehammer Games studio has been creative coming up with a fresh crop of new inventions for the private military of the near future. No doubt we’ll see more at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in June. But Activision has already given us a lot to speculate about in cinematic gameplay that it captured on the Xbox One video game console.
The initial video is full of weapons that include:
- A hover bike: These machines float above the air and look like armored motorcycles. They can move over difficult terrain and do it fast. They’ve got forward machine guns.
- Exoskeletons: Soldiers have armored helmets and metal protective layers that can wrap around the body at the push of a button. They can also enable a soldier to leap long distances.
Above: Exoskeleton in Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare.
Image Credit: Activision
- Forearm displays: The soldiers have orange displays on their wrists that enable them to tap information that gives them situational awareness.
- Stealth helicopters: They look like something out of Avatar, with protected rotors and slanted surfaces to reduce the chance of radar detection. These helicopters can also disappear in midair, using some kind of energy field. Soldiers have the same capability.
- Spider tank: It’s a big tank gun sitting on top of a spider’s body with bendable legs that make the vehicle more maneuverable.
- Infrared sensors: These detect nearby signatures of hiding soldiers. You can toss a sensor in the air and it will reveal everything around you.
- Drones: We saw a lot of these in Call of Duty: Black Ops II. They’re back as hand remote-killing machines in Advanced Warfare.
- Climbing gloves: They enable a solider to claw at a slick surface and find traction.
Activision (Activision Blizzard) is an American video game developer and publisher headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, but now operating worldwide. It was the first independent developer and distributor of video games for gaming console... read more »
Powered by VBProfiles