Check out our press release hub, powered by Business Wire. It's a one stop shop for industry announcements to help you stay on top of the latest technology and investment trends. Get the scoop here.
Leading Platform for Hadoop Enables Customers to Rapidly Expand Big Data Deployments and Drive Growth
SAN JOSE, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–May 5, 2014–
MapR Technologies, Inc., provider of the top-ranked distribution for Apache Hadoop, today announced that first quarter bookings tripled over the prior year. With approximately 90% of its sales from subscription-based product licenses, the software company has high margins and predictable revenue.
In addition to record bookings, MapR announced the following milestones:
- An enterprise customer reported that it has generated more than one billion dollars of incremental revenue from the use of MapR technology;
- At least one company in each of the following industries has purchased over a million dollars of MapR product-financial services, networking/computers, software, online/web, ad media, telecom and market research;
- MapR has expanded operations to ten countries outside of North America.
“Our tripling of year-over-year bookings demonstrates the ability of MapR to meet the demands for enterprise-grade Hadoop technology across multiple verticals,” said MapR Technologies CEO and Co-founder, John Schroeder. “Large and fast growing companies around the world have chosen MapR based on the strength of our technology and breadth of our Hadoop offering to drive robust revenue growth, reduce costs and mitigate risk.”
Other highlights in the last quarter include:
- MapR was recognized as the top-ranked Hadoop distribution in The Forrester Wave™: Big Data Hadoop Solutions, Q1 2014 report, in which the company achieved the highest score for Current Offering among all reviewed vendors.
- The company announced the tight integration of HP Vertica’s high-performance analytics platform with the MapR enterprise-grade Distribution for Hadoop. This interactive SQL-on-Hadoop solution improves analyst productivity through expanded exploration of semi-structured data as well as traditional structured data.
- MapR added new Apache Hadoop projects such as YARN for next generation resource management and the complete Apache Spark technology stack for speed, programming ease and real-time processing advantages. The company continues to provide broad support for open source projects, with over twenty of them included in the MapR Distribution.
“With the majority of MapR software deployed in production environments, Hadoop implementations are demonstrating a profound impact on operations. Companies are moving aggressively to impact business events in real time and 2014 will be another year of significant growth for MapR,” concluded Schroeder.
About MapR Technologies
MapR delivers on the promise of Hadoop with a proven, enterprise-grade platform that supports a broad set of mission-critical and real-time production uses. MapR brings unprecedented dependability, ease-of-use and world-record speed to Hadoop, NoSQL, database and streaming applications in one unified distribution for Hadoop. MapR is used by more than 500 customers across financial services, retail, media, healthcare, manufacturing, telecommunications and government organizations as well as by leading Fortune 100 and Web 2.0 companies. Amazon, Cisco, Google and HP are part of the broad MapR partner ecosystem. Investors include Lightspeed Venture Partners, Mayfield Fund, NEA, and Redpoint Ventures. MapR is based in San Jose, CA. Connect with MapR on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
MapR Technologies, Inc.
Beth Winkowski, 978-649-7189
Nancy Pieretti, 603-268-8007
VentureBeat’s VB Insight team is studying email marketing tools.
Chime in here, and we’ll share the results