- any act of communicating … by mechanical or electronic means
- “including posting statements on the internet or through a computer or email network
- “disseminating embarrassing or sexually explicit photographs
- “disseminating private, personal, false or sexual information,
- “or sending hate mail
- with no legitimate private, personal, or public purpose
- with the intent to harass, annoy, threaten, abuse, taunt, intimidate, torment, humiliate, or otherwise inflict significant emotional harm on another person.
The ruling was prompted by the sad case of New York teen Marquan Mockey-Meggs, who created a Facebook page where he posted photos of teens he knew with nasty and obscene messages and photos. Cyberbullies, you are now emboldened.