Industry’s First Converged Mobile Infrastructure Empowers Businesses to Reduce Cost and Achieve More than 65 Percent Reduction in Time to Market
ORLANDO, Fla.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–August 19, 2014–
Kony, Inc., the leading enterprise mobility company, today announced the general availability of Kony MobileFabric™. The platform is the industry’s first solution that unifies a mobile application development platform (MADP), mobile backend as a service (MBaaS), Application Programming Interface (API) management, and platform as-a-service (PaaS) infrastructures under a single, open and standards-based mobile infrastructure platform. Kony MobileFabric dramatically speeds time to market of building enterprise mobile apps, shortens time spent on app development to more than 65 percent, and offers businesses a scalable and future-proof mobile strategy solution.
“Unlike traditional enterprise application development, the name of the game in the world of mobile apps is continuous speed to market, agile responsiveness and a compelling user experience,” said Burley Kawasaki, senior vice president of Products, Kony, Inc. “The challenge that businesses are facing is the level of complexity that comes with enterprise mobile app development. Today our customers have to make difficult choices on which different technology platform to pick that supports their requirements. Kony MobileFabric is the first of its kind to considerably reduce this complexity by delivering an open, standards based, and unified mobile infrastructure platform regardless of their mobile development needs.”
“The demand for high-velocity app deployment will overwhelm infrastructure and operations teams that are not staffed, budgeted, or prepared to handle a rapid scale-up of mobile apps,” wrote Michael Facemire, principal analyst and Jeffrey Hammond, vice president, principal analyst, in a recent Forrester report. “In turn, developers will look for options that light up in hours, scale transparently, and ‘just work.’ As a result, expect further blurring of the BaaS and mobile middleware markets.”1
By converging the most popular development platforms, Kony MobileFabric delivers customers the following benefits:
- Faster Time to Market: Kony MobileFabric removes the complexity and effort spent integrating multiple technologies in a typical enterprise mobile development project, with pre-built back-end services for identity, integration, orchestration, messaging and location services. In addition, it provides offline sync capabilities, along with full platform as-a-service productivity through seamless elastic provisioning, monitoring and analytics. The cloud-based platform ensures there are no delays in setup with instant elastic provisioning of not just back-end services but also the full app platform environment. Since MobileFabric supports the most popular development languages with prebuilt Software Development Kits (SDK), it also allows for instant productivity.
- Lowest Total Cost of Ownership: Kony MobileFabric reduces total cost of ownership by offering IT executives and app developers a single mobile infrastructure that includes MADP, MBaaS and PaaS. This eliminates the need to purchase multiple solutions, which will result in huge savings for businesses. In addition, Kony MobileFabric reduces up-front integration costs of linking multiple infrastructures, as well as dramatic savings in on-going maintenance and support through seamless and integrated management and monitoring of mobile infrastructures.
“As a global Kony integration partner, UST Global is excited to be involved with the Kony MobileFabric launch,” said Tony Velleca, chief information officer, UST Global. “Not only does it further solidify Kony’s position as a mobile market leader, more importantly, it meets a critical need of UST’s customers to securely connect any new or legacy app to any back office system through a secure and open cloud framework, while also speeding the process of delivering great mobile apps to market. UST Global has already begun developing and connecting apps on Kony’s MobileFabric platform and we look forward to partnering with Kony in bringing this new capability to the marketplace.”
With the initial release, 350 MobileFabric apps were published and more than 400 MobileFabric clouds have been created in the last 90 days to support customers and partners who are developing cloud-based mobile applications. Kony MobileFabric builds upon Kony’s investment in core foundational hosting, integration, data sync and messaging technologies that have securely handled over a billion transactions and tested in hundreds of enterprises globally.
Pricing and Availability
Kony MobileFabric is available now and will be sold direct and through Kony’s channel partners. Kony is offering a free 90-day trial of the new platform to enterprises interested in taking this next step in their mobility strategy. Kony MobileFabric is the first mobile development platform to adopt a simplified pricing model that removes the complexity from licensing mobile infrastructure. The clear and predictable pricing is based on a per-user or per-session model.
Additionally, Kony will extend its unique 30-day service level agreement offer to Kony MobileFabric. This means that as new OS platforms are updated – like Apple’s iOS 8 or Android L – that Kony will guarantee support within 30 days for all generally available releases.
- Learn more about the Kony MobileFabric: http://www.kony.com/products/mobilefabric
- Watch the Kony MobileFabric Video: http://www.kony.com/resources/videos/kony-mobilefabric
- Register for the Upcoming Kony Webinar:
September 10, 2014 at 8:00 a.m. PDT: “Liberate Your Mobile Infrastructure: Cloud Based Backend Services for Apps”– A deep dive into how enterprise-grade cloud services can transform your mobile strategy; this hour-long webinar showcases the methodology and technology critical to success.
Kony is the fastest growing cloud-based enterprise mobility solution provider and an industry leader among mobile application development platform (MADP) providers, serving enterprise customers around the globe. The Kony Experience Platform is an integrated software development lifecycle (SDLC) platform that empowers businesses to define, design, develop, test, deploy, and manage multi-edge mobile applications from a single codebase. With Kony, customers can deliver stunning user-first experiences, get to market faster, and lower total of ownership for applications. Kony also offers ready-to-run business mobile apps to better engage with customers and help increase employee productivity by enabling them to gain access to company systems and information via their mobile devices.
In August 2013, Gartner placed Kony in the “Leaders” quadrant of the Magic Quadrant for Mobile Application Development Platforms. Kony was also honored in the Mobile Star Awards for achievements in enterprise application development; named a winner for Red Herring’s Top 100 North America award; and included on the Inc. 500|5000 list of fastest growing private companies in America. For more information, please visit www.kony.com. Connect with Kony on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
1 Brief: Services Supplant Mobile Middleware, Forrester Research, Inc., February 27, 2014