Update: The stream is broken. Use this Periscope stream if you want to watch now.
The game industry is already moving into a battle to decide how we’ll build virtual and augmented reality products, and one of the leaders in the game-making tool space is holding an event today to show off what it has in the works.
Unity’s Vision Summit 2016 is bringing together specialists from a number of fields to talk about VR and AR. The company is best known for its Unity development kit that many developers use to create their games. Tech advisrr Digi-Capital predicts that VR and AR will turn into a $120 billion business by 2020, and that is one of the main reasons that Unity is trying to establish itself as a go-to option for anyone looking to create software for these new computing platforms. This is also why Unity was able to get speakers from Valve, Google, Oculus, and Sony — which are all developing VR and AR tech — to speak during its event.
The event is streaming now, and you can watch it right here:
The opening keynote, which starts at 10 a.m. Pacific (1 p.m. Eastern), will feature some of the most important people in the VR industry. Here’s the list directly from Unity:
- Alex McDowell, creative director, 5D Global Studio
- Clay Bavor, vice president of virtual reality, Google
- Gabe Newell, founder of Valve
- Dr. Jeff Norris, mission operations innovation lead, NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- Joachim Ante, CTO of Unity Technologies
- John Riccitiello, CEO, Unity Technologies
- Palmer Luckey, founder, Oculus
- Dr. Richard Marks, director of the PlayStation magic lab, Sony Computer Entertainment
Unity Technologies is the creator of Unity, an intuitive and flexible development platform used to make wildly creative and intelligently interactive 3D and 2D content. The "author once, dep... All Unity news »
John Riccitiello served as President and Chief Operating Officer of Electronic Arts (EA) from 1997 to 2004, then later CEO of Electronic Arts (EA) from 2007 to 2013. Prior to re-joining EA, ... All John Riccitiello news »