With over 8 million active readers, VentureBeat has emerged as a leading source for news about technology. Our goal is to help individuals and business leaders to get ahead by explaining the most widely impacting technologies affecting our lives, such as mobile devices to business software.
Located in the heart of San Francisco, VentureBeat seeks to have a strong brand, voice, and point of view. We’re a young, creative, collaborative, and energetic team.
We’re looking to hire world-class people and keep them happy and productive once they’re here.
Current openings include:
The Account Manager will be responsible for supporting the sales team in planning, executing and monitoring the advertising and sponsorship programs of VentureBeat’s customer base across all digital, events and research products. This individual will work with a designated Account Executive to ensure flawless campaign planning and execution as well as provide optimal client service support for assigned Advertisers and Agencies. The Account Manager will serve as the primary point of contact for client inquiries and requests pertaining to their advertising programs. This includes: preparing sales proposals and client presentations, collecting and presenting research information, providing the clients with information concerning rates, advertising creative deadlines, technical specifications, and inventory availability, and tracking impression delivery. Additionally, the Account Manager will work closely with clients to maximize effectiveness of their advertising campaigns, and to upsell for incremental revenue when possible.
- Work with Sales team and other departments to assist in the creation of client proposals, presentations, and media plans.
- Development of new business lines and strategic engagements with top marketers, ISVs and ad agencies.
- Develop the sales pipeline to maximize revenue and provide accurate forecasting.
- Be trained on our solutions and sales techniques.
- Demonstrate motivation to sell and have a love of our industry.
- Generate a high volume of sales, prospects, presentations, RFPs, and deals.
- Experience in both branding and direct response online advertising sales and a strong understanding of the overall online advertising landscape.
- Proven track record supporting a sales team in digital media or advertising industries.
- Book of client and agency contacts a plus.
- Must possess superb organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to think quickly and develop, structure, negotiate, draft and maintain advertiser partnerships, alliances, and relationships.
- 3 years of client services within the online advertising space.
- Must successfully pass a background check.
We’re looking for an ambitious, hawk-eyed intern to join our San Francisco office. As VB’s venture capital intern you’ll monitor, analyze, and report on the venture capital industry. You’ll help produce our Funding Daily newsletter and write daily news stories about VC investments in the most promising startups. Additionally, you’ll work directly with our international team of reporters and editors to support our general tech news coverage.
You’re already familiar with jargon like VC, series A, down round, valuation, and quiet period. (Although we haven’t heard that last one much this year.) Ideally you’ll have a journalism background and experience writing for an online news site. Special points for those with an entrepreneurial itch and knowledge of Photoshop, video editing, and basic HTML. Please be available to work approximately 30 hours/week at our San Francisco headquarters. This is a freelance, temporary position, and compensation is an hourly rate plus approved expenses. This is a paid internship!
If you’re as excited as we are, please send a resume and cover letter containing three links to your best clips to email@example.com.