Director of Content (San Francisco)
We’re looking for a top-notch Director of Content to oversee the vision, content development, and speaker recruitment for VentureBeat’s industry-leading events.
The position is a key part of the leadership team at VentureBeat as the company takes the next step in its mission to help people make better decisions about the technology impacting their lives and professions.
This person will curate the overarching themes for each of VentureBeat’s events and interface with external content advisers and a number of internal teams including sales, marketing, and editorial.
You will be responsible for proactively reaching out to top tier executives and speakers in addition to reviewing, ranking, and securing speaker submissions for each of VentureBeat’s events.
- 7+ years of industry experience, with a strong background in the technology space.
- Extensive personal network of executives, PR agencies, and representatives at top technology companies and brands.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
VP Research (San Francisco)
We’re building something cool in a funded startup environment. We need a senior research leader who is going to lead a small team in changing how the world creates, buys, and uses research.
The person we’re looking for has a great deal of experience in the traditional research industry, ideally with one of the big three firms, and has seen the strong points and the weaknesses of that model up close and in detail. But you also need to be able to distance yourself from that existing paradigm and be able to reimagine how this essential process of generating insight, packaging insight, and selling insight works.
You should have huge Rolodex, although if you actually have a Rolodex, you’re not the right person for us, if you catch our drift. You have great relationships with analysts, with small analyst firms, and experts in SaaS and technology categories. You also have strong ties with media and journalists, ideally, and are a quote machine on topics that matter to us.You’re willing to do what it takes to win, including working in a 10-person startup division, even if there isn’t someone to peel your grapes for you.
We want to disrupt a $10B industry. Do you?
- Have a Master’s degree, perhaps an MBA
- Understand research inside and out
- Know the research industry, especially the big three, very well
- High-level strategic thinker, but not unwilling to get your hands dirty
- Able and willing to do original research
- Significant connections to analysts and media
- Good insights into how technology can disrupt the current research model
- Very strong writing skills; prolific writing capability
High. Details when we chat.
Analyst/Product Manager – 2 positions (San Francisco)
We’re building something cool in a funded startup environment, changing how the world creates, buys, and uses research.
We need two product managers to lead key vertical business segments.
You could have a background as an analyst in a research firm or as a journalist focused on technology and business. Either way, you have the ability to talk to anybody, from independent analysts, to VPs at medium-sized firms, to CEOs of large publicly-traded companies. Your role will be to own a vertical like marketing automation or mobile advertising, find the best experts in the field, source reports and insights from them, and make them available to our buyers. You may also help in writing news briefs announcing those new reports.
As your category succeeds, so will you.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Good understanding of research and insight
- Ability to work in a startup environment with minimal oversight and supervision
- Problem-solving: don’t whine, but find a way
- Bachelor’s degree
- Writing experience a major asset
Junior Designer (San Francisco)
VentureBeat is seeking a Junior Designer to help manage and produce high-quality interactive experiences (ad units, custom site skins, event signage, and marketing materials). This position works closely with the Design Lead and Marketing department to create unique and delightful visual solutions by infusing the VB brand across all products and platforms.
- Collaborate with the Design Lead and Marketing team to grow the VB brand with innovative and eye-catching designs.
- Conceptualize and execute various design deliverables, including: custom ad units and website skins, social media campaigns, and event signage.
- Work closely with the Design Lead and Marketing Director to update sales and marketing materials, including: VB style guide document, VB Media Kit, presentation templates, and sales sheets.
- Assist with brainstorming, sketching, and wireframing web and mobile user experience design solutions.
- Help ensure quality and consistency across all projects and VB products.
- Bachelors degree in Graphic Design, Communications Design, or related field.
- 2+ years of professional experience.
- Strong desire and interest in joining a startup company.
- Experience designing for print, web, mobile, and social media (Facebook, Twitter, and/or LinkedIn).
- Expertise with Adobe CC Suite (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign; bonus points for After Effects).
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS (bonus points for WordPress).
- Ability to sketch and wireframe web and mobile UI/UX solutions.
- Experience conducting design case study research.
- Understanding of file preparation for pre-press and print vendors.
If interested, please include a link to your portfolio in your email application.