With over 8M active readers, VentureBeat has emerged as a leading source for news about technology. Our goal is to help individuals and business leaders to get ahead, by explaining the most widely impacting technologies affecting our lives, from mobile devices to business software.
Located in the heart of San Francisco, with a satellite office in New York, VentureBeat seeks to have a strong brand, voice and point of view. We’re a young, creative, collaborative, and energetic team who works hard and plays hard.
We’re looking to hire world-class people and keep them happy and productive once they’re here.
The Account Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the sales team in planning, executing and monitoring the online and offline advertising programs of VentureBeat’s customer base. This individual will work with a designated Sales team to ensure flawless campaign planning and execution as well as provide optimal client service support for assigned Advertisers and Agencies.
- Work with sales team and other departments to assist in the creation of client proposals, presentations, and media plans
- Verify inventory availability for display, webinars, events, sponsored posts and all other products
- Document all client activity in Salesforce
- Communicate ad specifications and creative lead times to advertisers/agencies
- Collect creative from client, verify specifications and follow defined creative/traffic process
- Create and traffic accurate campaigns in ad delivery system and implement any necessary creative changes/optimizations.
- Monitor campaigns and ensure campaign delivery
- Manage campaign performance and make optimization recommendations
- Provide clients/sales with any necessary campaign reporting
- Interact with accounting department in regards to client credit and billing requests/issues
- Provide sales administrative/account related support
- Sales focused with direct experience in the internet and/or advertising industries
- A BA/BS degree (or equivalent training and experience)
- At least 2-4 years work experience in a sales or sales support related role
- Extremely detail-oriented, exceptionally organized, has the ability to multitask and manage multiple accounts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, solid computer/technical skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment
At VentureBeat, we are building software to instantly deliver data driven information for everyone. We are looking for someone who has an eye for detail, writes elegant code, and understands the importance of getting features shipped. As a Software Engineer, you will specialize in building responsive and elegant web applications as part of an engineering scrum team. Work with us to deliver the best experiences across all our platforms.
- Deliver high quality code in a regular sprint cycle as part of a fast paced scrum team
- Innovate and use creativity to deliver efficient and elegant solutions
- Share your good ideas. This isn’t just about code – we want you to help us create a better product
- Proficiency with NodeJS a plus
- Experience with Express, Socket.io, ReactJS and other related modules/frameworks
- Proficiency with HTML & CSS
- Adept at writing clean, functional code
- Understanding of coding style, fundamentals, and best practices
- Detailed understanding of application architecture
- Strong understanding of API integration and REST architecture
- Working knowledge of JIRA or other issue tracking applications
- Experience with continuous integration environments and Git
- Working knowledge of SQL and database usage.
- Basic understanding of agile principles and process
- Highly collaborative team player
- Strong Written and oral communication and ability to discuss core concepts of feature implementation
- Proficiency with infrastructure, AWS, and VM environments a plus!
- 3 to 4 years Engineering experience, or equivalent degree