Join GamesBeat Summit 2021 this April 28-29. Register for a free or VIP pass today.
Alarm.com’s technology lets consumers and businesses receive alerts via email, text message, or voice mail from alarm triggers at their homes or businesses. The alerts can tell you if your liquor cabinet has been opened or the basement is flooded, for example. The company has 150,000 customers and its products are available from 800 North American dealers.
The company recently launched a remote video monitoring solution that sends alerts to a mobile phone. Some people might find that creepy. But others are bound to monitor it the way they do Twitter.
The Tysons Corner, Va.-based company was founded in 2000 as a research and development project inside MicroStrategy. It launched its first web-based security product in 2003. It has 30 employees.
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties