Join gaming leaders, alongside GamesBeat and Facebook Gaming, for their 2nd Annual GamesBeat & Facebook Gaming Summit | GamesBeat: Into the Metaverse 2 this upcoming January 25-27, 2022. Learn more about the event.
By now, it’s pretty clear that a new iPhone is in the works, and could be here as soon as this summer. While Apple made no mention of any new device during its iPhone 3.0 software announcement last week, there has been no shortage of rumors, which have now intensified thanks to elements in the iPhone 3.0 software code. And now there is more gas to add to the next-generation iPhone rumor, as Boy Genius Report has obtained some specific details, supposedly from AT&T.
The details, which BGR says are “100% confirmed,” include some of the following information:
- The new iPhone will be announced in mid-June
- It will be faster
- There will be a U-Verse iPhone app for controlling AT&T living room equipment
- Capability gaps will be filled with the new iPhone
- It could contain a higher speed HSDPA wireless data chip, pushing it to 7.2Mbps, as was earlier suggested by MacRumors
While there is nothing hugely shocking there, the big news is the mid-June announcement. While June 8 is the earlier rumored date for a possible iPhone announcement, it’s entirely possible that Apple would do it at another event just after Apple’s Word Wide Developer’s Conference (WWDC) — or that WWDC may in fact be in mid-June.
You can expect a lot more about all of this in the months leading up to June. If AT&T really did leak some of this information, you can be sure that Apple isn’t too happy about it.
VentureBeatVentureBeat's mission is to be a digital town square for technical decision-makers to gain knowledge about transformative technology and transact. Our site delivers essential information on data technologies and strategies to guide you as you lead your organizations. We invite you to become a member of our community, to access:
- up-to-date information on the subjects of interest to you
- our newsletters
- gated thought-leader content and discounted access to our prized events, such as Transform 2021: Learn More
- networking features, and more