All the sessions from Transform 2021 are available on-demand now. Watch now.
OnLive created a big stir last week as it announced a video-games-on-demand service set to launch this fall. The service promises to let gamers play high-end games on low-end hardware and would mean you’ll never have to upgrade to a new game console again. Created over seven years, the service has the support of nine game publishers and backers such as Autodesk and Warner Bros. Interactive Studios. The Palo Alto, Calif.-based company is building its service around a new server-based game technology. Do you think it will work?
GamesBeatGamesBeat's creed when covering the game industry is "where passion meets business." What does this mean? We want to tell you how the news matters to you -- not just as a decision-maker at a game studio, but also as a fan of games. Whether you read our articles, listen to our podcasts, or watch our videos, GamesBeat will help you learn about the industry and enjoy engaging with it. How will you do that? Membership includes access to:
- Newsletters, such as DeanBeat
- The wonderful, educational, and fun speakers at our events
- Networking opportunities
- Special members-only interviews, chats, and "open office" events with GamesBeat staff
- Chatting with community members, GamesBeat staff, and other guests in our Discord
- And maybe even a fun prize or two
- Introductions to like-minded parties