Here we go again: Kojima Productions is back with another teaser. This isn’t fair — we’re telling, Konami.
• Kojima Productions teaser teases another teaser that teases…oh, god — not again! Yes, the Metal Gear maker’s cryptic website has yet another countdown clock that is sure to cause more joy. Or frustration. Probably frustration, but we’re amused with the shameless leg-pulling. All signs point to E3 for the big reveal, but at this point, we wouldn’t be surprised if Kojima himself announces the surprise is actually a Metal Gear-themed calculator wristwatch. Hey, it adds up to us. [1UP]
• Size does matter: Guinness World Records awards Fuel for being really, really long. The open-world racer from publisher Codemasters received an award for being the biggest console game in history for having 5,560 fake, videogame miles of land available for players to aimlessly drive on until they either get bored or run out of fuel — whichever comes first. Pretty impressive, we must say. But, uh, Guinness must have never played the Design Mode in Excitebike — that track never ends…literally. [Joystiq]
• Capcom calls for new mobile games, iPhone picks up. The Japanese company confirmed it will be developing over 10 games for Apple’s fancy talking device throughout the rest of this fiscal year (which ends in March, 2010). No word on what games they’ll be making, but we’d guess we’ll see at least one two three four five Mega Man games. [Kotaku]
• People play videogames, it’s true. In case you didn’t know this, the research group NPD released stats that say 63 percent of the people surveyed play videogames, while only 53 percent watch movies. And, shockingly, only 1 percent rollerblade while knitting. Strange. [1UP]
Hit the jump for some video blips, including a new Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 trailer, Prototype bosses deemed brutal, Half-Life 2 magnets, and…more.
• New Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 trailer reveals you still shoot things with a duty-like calling. This trailer is just like the old one, except for 5 seconds of new footage. Oh, and the tease to watch the extended trailer on its website that will certainly have at least one more extra second of army dudes with guns.
• You punch dudes in Dead to Rights: Retribution. Don’t believe us? Watch.
• Prototype bosses ignore team management in favor of maiming, killing. Someone needs to alert HR.